1 reply to this topic

#1 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:47 AM

My delivery date is in March and I am already concerned about the hospital. My OB knows very little about Celiacs and will not be learning any time soon. The hospital is big and well known. I am sure the hospital dietitcian will tell me something positive about not needing to worry about eating there. . .

I am wondering how any of you feel about eating at the hospital? After my first child I was STARVED. I ate more peanut butter crackers that day than I have in years. That was the only snack available until the next meal. I am concerned that the hospital will not have the right foods or drinks even after talking to them first and I will find myself stuck and starving. I can picture myself in full labor, sitting in the car for an hour to get to the hosptial, and then wheeling in a cooler of food to last through the delivery and stay at the hospital.

How did the hospital experience go for anyone else? I know I have seen horror stories on this site. Maybe that is what has me worked up.

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 09:25 AM

Go see the head dietician. Still, most hospital experiences I've heard about have been bad. The minimum wage person bringing your meal is not the head dietician. Do you have somebody who can bring you food. Assuming a non-complicated birth you shouldn't be there long.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: