This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hi Teenagers Of The gluten-free World! Lol Haha

Liz92

nikky Contributor

Hey

i love music too.. i was in a choir from age 7 to 14 and i had some amazing experiences :) i play the guitar, keyboard and i used to play the flute but the teacher had a go at me for being tired after half hour lessons saying i didnt practice enough even though i did at least half hour every night. (i couldnt help it .. i was always tired not just in her lessons).. i decided i didnt need people like that and i felt a lot better without her persistant nagging. I am hoping to buy a flute of my own one day so that i can teach myself how to play.

i can speak welsh and a little french and my favourite subjects are art and geography.

I love children.. especially my niece and nephew :).

I also love phantom of the opera.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auntie Lurlynn Newbie

I Love kids too! My god-sister (who also happens to be my 3rd cousin) is expecting her first child. It's a Boy! :D Hopefully he'll call me Auntie Lur. I have three little cousins who are 8 1/2, 4 1/2, and 3. I love getting to spend time with them. I really enjoy teaching the 2 and 3 year old Bible class at church, it is so much fun to watch them try to sing all the songs and tell their fav part of the story :lol:

mismalw/cealiac Newbie

hi peeps. i'm new to this so yeah. i like to color. i sux @ everything but yo whatev. is it hard for you guys at school ? i always get tempted. latley i've been giving in. :o:PB):blink::unsure::lol:

nikky Contributor
hi peeps. i'm new to this so yeah. i like to color. i sux @ everything but yo whatev. is it hard for you guys at school ? i always get tempted. latley i've been giving in. :o:PB):blink::unsure::lol:

Welcome to the forum :)

Its hard at first, especially if you dont feel a reaction,(because its harder to see how somethings effecting you) but it gets easier, all it takes is perseverance will power and support. If your freinds get cookies and things like that ask them politely not to eat them right infront of you for a while and dont go through the canteen if you can avoid it (take food from home if possible). That way the temptation isnt there anymore and your less likely to cheat.

Carry gluten-free chocolate around with you so that everytime you feel like cheating you can munch on that instead, beleive me your body will thank you for it! We are all here for you and you can message me anytime your finding it hard or if you just want to chat. good luck. :)

• 1 year later...
Aaron Mann Newbie
hey all. been diagniosed in 2004. i'm 18 and from Australia. I like to play Rugby union for my club and unit (3 RAR), that's about all the free time i get! Training and drills are most of my time, although i get to use the base's computers for about an hour each day.

Hey buddy I sent you an email saying this

I'm currently completing the ADF recruitment process (applying for General Service Officer Part-time Reserve) and have attended a YOU session and submitted my medical questionnaire.

Due to my Coeliac disease I have been classified as Class 4 - permanently unfit for service. Though I am currently compiling an appeal as my only symptom of the disease is mild bloating which I do not believe will interfere with any duties I may be required to undertake during service (especially considering I am applying for the reserves).

Does anyone out there know what the chances are of a Coeliac successfully appealing an unwarrented medical classification? I understand that there are Cealiacs who are active members of the ADF who only became diagnosed after their recruitment.

If the appeal process is unlikely to succeed what other options are available? Is it possible that the medical questionnaire and associated files are discarded after a certain period of time and I will be able to reapply then without including the unnessecary complication of the Coeliac condition? (I understand that if I did not disclose that I have cealiac disease in the questionnaire than it would not not have been an issue as the standard medical examinations do not test for the disease.)

Thanks in advance for any help in this situation, I'm determined to prevent my negligently mild condition from influencing my career.

Aaron

Hope you can help me out mate,

Cheers

Archived