Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Happens If I Don't Stick To The Diet?

• Please log in to reply

31 replies to this topic

#31 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:12 PM

:D this one i can definitely help with--my son is the manager of a McDonalds and they never put anything else in the french fries oil--only fries go in it and i have had fries at McDonald's and been fine--i dont know if i would trust the burgers, only because you are only safe if the person with the turner isnt touching buns--it is so easy to not even realize you are cross contaminating--i was thinking about just that the other day when i was making coffee at work--we use the same filter holder, of course a different filter each time, but none the less, the same filter holder for all brands of coffee--it's so easy to make a mistake---but, i do know the fries are safe--eat hearty :P deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 lilliexx

lilliexx

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

hey

i just wanted to add my two cents here. I also was a pizza/pasta/bread freak!! And i still am!! I am 2 & 1/2 months glutenfree :) and i still eat most of the same foods. I make lasagne,sphegetti & other pasta with tinkyada noodles!! they are the best. Alot of rice pasta gets soggy and falls apart but not tinkyada!! Another one i like is papadini bean pasta. It has a different taste and texture than real pasta but i still find it quite good. The sauce i use that is glutenfree is classico. (all flavors are gluten-free)
The only gluten-free pizza i have found is amy's brand. It's cheese only, but you can add your own toppings. And for bread, you are better off making your own. The packaged kind is gross. buy a bread mix and make it by hand. They taste like real bread but do crumble more than reg. bread.

It is sometimes a pain being glutenfree but its worth it in the long run.

good luck!!
lillie
Gluten free since July 2004

I have made it one year and feel much much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: