This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Singing The Praises Of Pamela's Amazing Wheat Free Bread

wolfie

wolfie Enthusiast

The crust is crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside.....AHHHHHHH!!! I just stuffed my face with a ton of pizza. I did some with cheese, bacon and lettuce (kinda like a BLT) and the rest with marinara and 3 cheeses. My son ate 6+ pieces, DD ate 3! DS said it was just as good as Donato's (local pizza place) and that is HUGE coming from him!!

If you haven't tried this, you must. You can get Pamela'a Amazing Wheat Free Bread Mix on Amazon for $23.00 for 6 packages. I added garlic powder, oregano and basil before letting it rise.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Karen B. Explorer
The crust is crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside.....AHHHHHHH!!! I just stuffed my face with a ton of pizza. I did some with cheese, bacon and lettuce (kinda like a BLT) and the rest with marinara and 3 cheeses. My son ate 6+ pieces, DD ate 3! DS said it was just as good as Donato's (local pizza place) and that is HUGE coming from him!!

If you haven't tried this, you must. You can get Pamela'a Amazing Wheat Free Bread Mix on Amazon for $23.00 for 6 packages. I added garlic powder, oregano and basil before letting it rise.

I knew this mix made great bread that didn't have to be heated to be good and didn't go stale even after 4 days on the counter but pizza crust? Now I'm going to have to try this! Thanks!

jennyj Collaborator

I have been wanting a really good pizza. I'll have to try it, maybe a taco or a bacon cheeseburger. AAAHHHHH I can't wait.

jukie Rookie

I also use Pamela's pizza crust (with the added spices) to make breadsticks for spaghetti, etc. I just spread it out on a small greased cookie sheet, bake, then cut into "strips"...YUMMY! I've also done the same thing but spread it a bit thinner, bake, then cut into triangles to use in place of pita bread for dipping in hummus, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Karen B. Explorer

Okay, I've got a pizza crust from this mix rising and I have a question for all of you that have a perforated pizza pan -- ever have a problem with gluten-free batter coming through the holes?

Trying to press out the crust created a bunch of little dough pills under the pan. Being the curious person that I am, I scraped them off and left them in that shape to see what texture they cook up like. Since I didn't want two pizza crusts, I made bread sticks with the rest of the dough.

Karen B. Explorer
Okay, I've got a pizza crust from this mix rising and I have a question for all of you that have a perforated pizza pan -- ever have a problem with gluten-free batter coming through the holes?

Trying to press out the crust created a bunch of little dough pills under the pan. Being the curious person that I am, I scraped them off and left them in that shape to see what texture they cook up like. Since I didn't want two pizza crusts, I made bread sticks with the rest of the dough.

BTW, the pizza crust turned out great! It reminded me of the homemade pizza crust a woman used to make for fundraisers at the church I grew up in. Non-Celiac Hubby said it was really great too.

dionnek Enthusiast

Karen B, I put parchment paper on my pizza pan and then put the dough on that and roll it out. I just then bake it on the parchment paper (on the pan) so it doesn't stick and the dough doesn't go through the holes - works great.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Karen B. Explorer
Karen B, I put parchment paper on my pizza pan and then put the dough on that and roll it out. I just then bake it on the parchment paper (on the pan) so it doesn't stick and the dough doesn't go through the holes - works great.

Thanks! I'll try that next time. Hubby's already told me he wants a next time! :-)

Karen B. Explorer

Just a footnote...

One package of Pamela's makes 2 12-14 inch pizza crusts but we made one crust and an assortment of bread sticks. Hubby was saving the last one for me and I was saving it for him so it went stale on the counter and became very tough. And I found out a new use for left over bread sticks.

gluten-free dog chews! :lol::lol::lol:

It took our dog about 15 minutes to chew his way from one end to the other. Now he wants another one. I told him he'll have to wait a week. ;)

Archived