Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Anyone With Success With Gaining Weight By...

3 posts in this topic

I have a very hard time to gain weight by lifting anybody succeeding, and if so what are good foods and/or suppplements to take to help with it...?

thankx Eddie

How long have you been gluten-free? If the gluten is still in your system you may have trouble gaining weight. Try enzymes and probiotics...they are very vital with absorbing the nutrients of your food. I know a great brand Enzymatic Therapy you can get them at the Vitamin Shoppe and probably other health food stores as well. They have probiotics as well. They are small and easy to swallow(I have a hard time swallowing pills and these are a piece of cake)

Peanuts are a very good high calorie thing to eat.

Ensure Plus is a good fill in snack and I have one every morning and night(they are 350 a bottle and the bottle is 8 oz.)

Amy's has a gluten free pizza out now...and most pizzas I have tried are gross but this is actually good and they are very high in calories

Amy's also has Mac and Cheese that is gluten-free and it's got 410 calories for this small serving and the mac and cheese is delicious as well. Amy's is a good brand.

For weight lifting you could always try creatine. I tried that for a little bit and it seemed to help along with the other stuff I was having. At the vitamin shoppe there are also weight gaining supplements.

Make sure that you are having enough calories ...if you want to gain weight you should have about 500 extra calories a day then what you usually have and you will see a difference. I gained 15 pounds back in a matter of 3 months after eating extra calories, and of course staying off of gluten.

Also make sure to take vitamins because some of what goes with Celiac is malabsorption so vitamins are also vital

Hope I helped :) E-mail me if you need any help finding anything