Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone With Success With Gaining Weight By...

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 EddieJP125

EddieJP125

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 11:39 AM

I have a very hard time to gain weight by lifting weights...is anybody succeeding, and if so what are good foods and/or suppplements to take to help with it...?
thankx Eddie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:41 PM

How long have you been gluten-free? If the gluten is still in your system you may have trouble gaining weight. Try enzymes and probiotics...they are very vital with absorbing the nutrients of your food. I know a great brand Enzymatic Therapy you can get them at the Vitamin Shoppe and probably other health food stores as well. They have probiotics as well. They are small and easy to swallow(I have a hard time swallowing pills and these are a piece of cake)

Peanuts are a very good high calorie thing to eat.
Ensure Plus is a good fill in snack and I have one every morning and night(they are 350 a bottle and the bottle is 8 oz.)

Amy's has a gluten free pizza out now...and most pizzas I have tried are gross but this is actually good and they are very high in calories
Amy's also has Mac and Cheese that is gluten-free and it's got 410 calories for this small serving and the mac and cheese is delicious as well. Amy's is a good brand.

For weight lifting you could always try creatine. I tried that for a little bit and it seemed to help along with the other stuff I was having. At the vitamin shoppe there are also weight gaining supplements.

Make sure that you are having enough calories ...if you want to gain weight you should have about 500 extra calories a day then what you usually have and you will see a difference. I gained 15 pounds back in a matter of 3 months after eating extra calories, and of course staying off of gluten.
Also make sure to take vitamins because some of what goes with Celiac is malabsorption so vitamins are also vital

Hope I helped :) E-mail me if you need any help finding anything
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 EddieJP125

EddieJP125

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:27 AM

thankx kaiti for the input...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users