Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pain In The Bottom Of My Feet- Owwww

7 posts in this topic

This might be kind of random, but...

The past month or so I've been having hideous stabbing pain in the bottoms of my feet!!! It's right where the back of the arch meets the beginning of my heel, in both feet, but much worse in the right.

Does anybody know what the heck this is??? It's gotten so bad, it makes me walk funny. My right foot now hurts even when I'm off my feet! :(

Ads by Google:

I had a problem quite similar to that for a while, and it was so bad that I would have ended up not being able to walk at all.

When I got custom orthotics it really helped. My feet aren't 100% better, but most of the time about 90%.

You may want to see an orthopedic surgeon, or a chiropractor (mine does custom orthotics) to have it checked out.

Sarah,

When I was at my sickest with Celiac, I lost a great deal of weight. Much of the cushion I had on my arse and the cushion I had on the bottom of my feet was gone. I have gained my weight back, but my feet still have no padding, so in the evenings my feet hurt and it can be painful and my legs ache.

I don't know if this is your situation, but as Ursa said, it might be good to talk to someone. It also might be strain on your foot legiments.

Hope you resolve it soon.

Could it be plantar fasciatis? It is EXTREMELY common. I see a lot of different women where I work and I would venture to say that over half of them have plantar fasciatis. My mom has it too. You need to invest in a good pair of tennis shoes and some orthotics. And avoid any sort of direct impact to the arch/bottom of your foot, ie marching type movements.

Actually I do have exactly the same problem, and fo me too it started from my right foot......First time I had that, was the day after I had a big amount of gluten by accident. And it started together with a funny feeling o tingling on my toes. The tingling stopped but the pain didn't. It just got better. I am visiting my doctor again in 15 days so if I have any news about that, I will let you know. But the whole situation makes me think it is from gluten. It feels like that part of me foot is extremely sensitive to pressure. The pain is there only when I am walking or I am standing, not when I am sitting.

It is annoying....

Meline

I had similar pains, but got much worse. Once I started with B12 and magnesium, it resolved completely in a matter of weeks. Both are essential for muscle and nerve function, so it makes sense. Just make sure the B12 is a methylcobalamin sublingual. I do think the magnesium was the more important thing in my case, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the other way around for someone else.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

Could it be plantar fasciatis?

It sounds just like it! I suffered for years, saw an orthopedic surgeon and had special arch inserts made to put in my shoes and haven't had a problem since. I was at Target yesterday and they have an orthodic I've never seen before. It was about $20, and it had removable arch inserts you can customize for your feet. I've seen similar products offered on TV for a lot more $$ and the medical orthodics usually run in the hundred's of $$, so I bought these to try too. I'll let you know how they work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I think that we have to remember that celiacs often develop intolerances due to our  damaged guts.  Our guts do not ncessarily heal either (usually adults) for  a variety of reasons even if their symptoms improve (see links below).   Nuts are just plain hard to digest.   I can not tolerate almonds, but can handle walnuts and cashews in small amounts.  I can eat peanuts too, but resort to Peanutbutter after a Glutening as it is easier to digest (maybe I have to learn to chew better!  😀)  My nut symptoms have  nothing to do with gluten as I have purchased certified gluten-free nuts and suffered with the same symptoms.  .   https://www.verywell.com/celiac-disease-when-will-your-small-intestine-recover-562341 http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/treatment/ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23936873 i call the manufacturer when I suspect the manufacturer is sharing the line or if I just want to know.  I bought some Black English walnuts and called the company.  Those are the only nuts they process and they do not have any flavored nuts.   if you really want to test your theory out, buy some nuts from Nuts.com (certified gluten-free).   See if you get a reaction or ask your GI to retest your antibodies (which should be done annually anyway).   I just hate to have Planters get a bum rap when you do not really know for sure.......😥    
    • New to forum! Appreciate all of the information.  I have Kaiser as many of you do.  My ttg is 1.18 (Kaiser <90), iga 31 (Kaiser <90). I have emailed my pcp in regards to where we go from here.  Is this a positive result or just a little above normal like Kaiser will tell me? I have had conflicting symptoms of some sort of inflammatory problem for 9 years.  I am almost convinced that this might be my answer. Can anyone give insight?
    • I eat them with no issues and know several other Celiacs that eat them with no issue.
    • I am sorry that you are sick! i think you need to really adhere to a gluten free diet that consists of ONLY whole foods (no processed gluten-free foods) and do not go out to eat, until you start to see improvement.  Each tiny gluten exposure can set you back.  It sounds like you really became even more ill after the gluten challenge.   I was just anemic when diagnosed.  I waited seven weeks for my endoscopy due to work issues, so i took the time to consume lots of gluten.  Like a loaf of sourdough per day not to mention all the cakes, cookies that I loved.  (Okay, I just ate a few out of each package......)  by the end of seven weeks, I knew I had celiac disease.  I had a bloated stomach visible under my left rib cage, pinching when I bent over, indigestion, etc.  Not to mention some weird Fibro pain my my shoulders, tingly legs, etc.   Most resolved, but it took about two years. If you  ask for thyroid panel, be sure it includes testing for thyroid antibodies.   
    • My daughter, who is almost 21 and has celiac disease, was diagnosed with Epilepsy a year ago. Hindsight being 20/20, we realized she had been having seizure since she was a teenager but the random passing out and feelings of being 'out of it' were attributed to dehydration or poor nutrition and sleep habits during numerous trips to the emergency room. In our reading about Epilepsy, I have found some mention of celiac and gluten issue connections and even where a strict adherence to a gluten-free diet provided a lot of improve the with frequency and severity of seizures.  I would be interested to know if anyone else shares this experience.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Mycaringkidsmom