#1 Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker

Adavanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:03 AM

This might be kind of random, but...

The past month or so I've been having hideous stabbing pain in the bottoms of my feet!!! It's right where the back of the arch meets the beginning of my heel, in both feet, but much worse in the right.

Does anybody know what the heck this is??? It's gotten so bad, it makes me walk funny. My right foot now hurts even when I'm off my feet! :(
-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007
--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.
--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.
--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

I had a problem quite similar to that for a while, and it was so bad that I would have ended up not being able to walk at all.

When I got custom orthotics it really helped. My feet aren't 100% better, but most of the time about 90%.

You may want to see an orthopedic surgeon, or a chiropractor (mine does custom orthotics) to have it checked out.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Sarah,

When I was at my sickest with Celiac, I lost a great deal of weight. Much of the cushion I had on my arse and the cushion I had on the bottom of my feet was gone. I have gained my weight back, but my feet still have no padding, so in the evenings my feet hurt and it can be painful and my legs ache.

I don't know if this is your situation, but as Ursa said, it might be good to talk to someone. It also might be strain on your foot legiments.

Hope you resolve it soon.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 lizard00

lizard00

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Could it be plantar fasciatis? It is EXTREMELY common. I see a lot of different women where I work and I would venture to say that over half of them have plantar fasciatis. My mom has it too. You need to invest in a good pair of tennis shoes and some orthotics. And avoid any sort of direct impact to the arch/bottom of your foot, ie marching type movements.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.
Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007
IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive
Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008
Soy free Jan 09

#5 MELINE

MELINE

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

Actually I do have exactly the same problem, and fo me too it started from my right foot......First time I had that, was the day after I had a big amount of gluten by accident. And it started together with a funny feeling o tingling on my toes. The tingling stopped but the pain didn't. It just got better. I am visiting my doctor again in 15 days so if I have any news about that, I will let you know. But the whole situation makes me think it is from gluten. It feels like that part of me foot is extremely sensitive to pressure. The pain is there only when I am walking or I am standing, not when I am sitting.

It is annoying....

Meline
Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

#6 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

I had similar pains, but got much worse. Once I started with B12 and magnesium, it resolved completely in a matter of weeks. Both are essential for muscle and nerve function, so it makes sense. Just make sure the B12 is a methylcobalamin sublingual. I do think the magnesium was the more important thing in my case, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the other way around for someone else.

Anyway, I hope that helps!
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#7 celiac-mommy

celiac-mommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Could it be plantar fasciatis?

It sounds just like it! I suffered for years, saw an orthopedic surgeon and had special arch inserts made to put in my shoes and haven't had a problem since. I was at Target yesterday and they have an orthodic I've never seen before. It was about $20, and it had removable arch inserts you can customize for your feet. I've seen similar products offered on TV for a lot more $$ and the medical orthodics usually run in the hundred's of $$, so I bought these to try too. I'll let you know how they work.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: