Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pain In The Bottom Of My Feet- Owwww

7 posts in this topic

This might be kind of random, but...

The past month or so I've been having hideous stabbing pain in the bottoms of my feet!!! It's right where the back of the arch meets the beginning of my heel, in both feet, but much worse in the right.

Does anybody know what the heck this is??? It's gotten so bad, it makes me walk funny. My right foot now hurts even when I'm off my feet! :(

Ads by Google:

I had a problem quite similar to that for a while, and it was so bad that I would have ended up not being able to walk at all.

When I got custom orthotics it really helped. My feet aren't 100% better, but most of the time about 90%.

You may want to see an orthopedic surgeon, or a chiropractor (mine does custom orthotics) to have it checked out.

Sarah,

When I was at my sickest with Celiac, I lost a great deal of weight. Much of the cushion I had on my arse and the cushion I had on the bottom of my feet was gone. I have gained my weight back, but my feet still have no padding, so in the evenings my feet hurt and it can be painful and my legs ache.

I don't know if this is your situation, but as Ursa said, it might be good to talk to someone. It also might be strain on your foot legiments.

Hope you resolve it soon.

Could it be plantar fasciatis? It is EXTREMELY common. I see a lot of different women where I work and I would venture to say that over half of them have plantar fasciatis. My mom has it too. You need to invest in a good pair of tennis shoes and some orthotics. And avoid any sort of direct impact to the arch/bottom of your foot, ie marching type movements.

Actually I do have exactly the same problem, and fo me too it started from my right foot......First time I had that, was the day after I had a big amount of gluten by accident. And it started together with a funny feeling o tingling on my toes. The tingling stopped but the pain didn't. It just got better. I am visiting my doctor again in 15 days so if I have any news about that, I will let you know. But the whole situation makes me think it is from gluten. It feels like that part of me foot is extremely sensitive to pressure. The pain is there only when I am walking or I am standing, not when I am sitting.

It is annoying....

Meline

I had similar pains, but got much worse. Once I started with B12 and magnesium, it resolved completely in a matter of weeks. Both are essential for muscle and nerve function, so it makes sense. Just make sure the B12 is a methylcobalamin sublingual. I do think the magnesium was the more important thing in my case, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's the other way around for someone else.

Anyway, I hope that helps!

Could it be plantar fasciatis?

It sounds just like it! I suffered for years, saw an orthopedic surgeon and had special arch inserts made to put in my shoes and haven't had a problem since. I was at Target yesterday and they have an orthodic I've never seen before. It was about $20, and it had removable arch inserts you can customize for your feet. I've seen similar products offered on TV for a lot more $$ and the medical orthodics usually run in the hundred's of $$, so I bought these to try too. I'll let you know how they work.