This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Has Anyone Tried "special Foods Diet" Foods?

Merika

Merika Contributor

Hi,

A friend sent me this link Open Original Shared Link . Has anyone here heard of it or tried it?

New to this topic/forum - Has anyone tried the breads or flours? What about making your own from ingredients at an ethnic grocer? Some of the ingredients sound pretty unusual, but I imagine I can find them here in Los Angeles.

Thanks!

Merika

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

No--I haven't used that site and I've never heard it mentioned here. Some commonly used sites include:

Open Original Shared Link

...to name a few....others could provide you with more examples.

Merika Contributor

I guess this has been UN-cross-posted, but the site is not just a place to buy food. It is an entire theory about how to rid oneself of allergies AND heal the body. It's not celiac-specific, but much of it falls into that category. This is why I wanted it cross-posted in the "Recovery" section.

From the home page it says "The SF Comprehensive Intervention Program is for individuals with chronic diseases, conditions, disorders and symptoms, including:

Leaky gut, malabsorption problems, digestive disorders, irritable bowel, diverticulitis [and more]" and "The SF Comprehensive Intervention Program combines a highly effective dietary intervention program and a highly effective environmental avoidance program with direct and intense counseling. The program acheives dramatic, abrupt symptom reductions, and maintains them. The program then guides you through diet expansion and to a complete eventual recovery."

Clearly, it won't get rid of celiac, but theoretically it might get rid of leftover symptoms and problems from the celiac. I also have multiple food allergies from celiac, and this diet would apparently work for that issue too.

Hi celiac3270 - yes, thanks, I know all the sites you mention. But they're just food suppliers of gluten-free foods. This other site is a whole 'nother animal :) Check it out, tell me what you think.

Merika

celiac3270 Collaborator

A moderator had the second post removed because the board rules do not allow for duplicate posts under various sections. The topic can be moved, though. If you have other questions not related to food and would like it under the post-diagnosis section, I could move it for you....

I see what you mean--that site, besides selling foods, goes into a lot related to food -- weight gain, stomach aches, etc. I see what you mean. I just wasn't sure if you knew about the other sites....

Merika Contributor

Hi celiac3270,

Yes, that would be great - move it to post-diagnosis :) I think I'll get better answers there. I can understand not wanting cross posts. Would it be ok if I posted a new question here in gluten-free Foods to find out about the taste of the products?

Thanks,

Merika

celiac3270 Collaborator

Sure--I'll move it. And "sure" to your second question :) -- the whole point of that rule was just so that someone wouldn't post the same question in every forum to try to get many replies. But if you have another question, feel free to post it. I'll move this one.

Archived