Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Has Anyone Tried "special Foods Diet" Foods?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Merika

Merika

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:46 PM

Hi,

A friend sent me this link http://www.specialfoods.com/ . Has anyone here heard of it or tried it?

New to this topic/forum - Has anyone tried the breads or flours? What about making your own from ingredients at an ethnic grocer? Some of the ingredients sound pretty unusual, but I imagine I can find them here in Los Angeles.

Thanks!
Merika

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 06:22 AM

No--I haven't used that site and I've never heard it mentioned here. Some commonly used sites include:

The Gluten Free Pantry
Miss Roben's
Gluten Free Mall
Kinnikinnick
Gluten Solutions
Ener-G

...to name a few....others could provide you with more examples.

#3 Merika

Merika

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:29 AM

I guess this has been UN-cross-posted, but the site is not just a place to buy food. It is an entire theory about how to rid oneself of allergies AND heal the body. It's not celiac-specific, but much of it falls into that category. This is why I wanted it cross-posted in the "Recovery" section.

From the home page it says "The SF Comprehensive Intervention Program is for individuals with chronic diseases, conditions, disorders and symptoms, including:
Leaky gut, malabsorption problems, digestive disorders, irritable bowel, diverticulitis [and more]" and "The SF Comprehensive Intervention Program combines a highly effective dietary intervention program and a highly effective environmental avoidance program with direct and intense counseling. The program acheives dramatic, abrupt symptom reductions, and maintains them. The program then guides you through diet expansion and to a complete eventual recovery."

Clearly, it won't get rid of celiac, but theoretically it might get rid of leftover symptoms and problems from the celiac. I also have multiple food allergies from celiac, and this diet would apparently work for that issue too.

Hi celiac3270 - yes, thanks, I know all the sites you mention. But they're just food suppliers of gluten-free foods. This other site is a whole 'nother animal :) Check it out, tell me what you think.

Merika

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 09:37 AM

A moderator had the second post removed because the board rules do not allow for duplicate posts under various sections. The topic can be moved, though. If you have other questions not related to food and would like it under the post-diagnosis section, I could move it for you....

I see what you mean--that site, besides selling foods, goes into a lot related to food -- weight gain, stomach aches, etc. I see what you mean. I just wasn't sure if you knew about the other sites....

#5 Merika

Merika

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:11 PM

Hi celiac3270,

Yes, that would be great - move it to post-diagnosis :) I think I'll get better answers there. I can understand not wanting cross posts. Would it be ok if I posted a new question here in gluten-free Foods to find out about the taste of the products?

Thanks,
Merika

#6 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 12:19 PM

Sure--I'll move it. And "sure" to your second question :) -- the whole point of that rule was just so that someone wouldn't post the same question in every forum to try to get many replies. But if you have another question, feel free to post it. I'll move this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: