Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Enterolab Results

4 posts in this topic

Hi, my enterolab results suggest gluten sensitivity. Does this mean I have celiac disease?

Ads by Google:

Celiac disease can be the same thing as gluten sensitivity...it's not celiac if it's "non-celiac gluten sensitivity"

I don't know if they mean celiac disease on this or not... <_< Maybe someone who has used Enterolab before can help you. ;)

My results came back suggesting that I have a gluten sensitivity and from what I understand, it I don't eat gluten-free, then there is a chance that I will get celiac disease. If I eat food with gluten, then I get uncontollable diarreah, but I don't get sick to my stomach as severe celiacs do. That is enough proof for me that I should not be eating gluten. I also think I am healthier now that I am not eating gluten. It isn't worth the risk to me so I choose to eat gluten-free. I had the gene testing through Enterolab as well as all the rest of the tests and have a granddaughter with celiac disease. Best wishes to you. Barbara

Enterolab does not "diagnose" celiac disease itself, as they do not do a biopsy. (Dr. Fine plays it safe with his terminology here.) But it still means you need to avoid gluten.