No replies to this topic

#1 Lynayah

Lynayah

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:51 AM

If you live in or will be visiting the Chicago area this October: The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center will have its annual free blood screening & Ask the Experts Panel on Saturday, October 9, 2010, 8:30 AM to Noon. This is a very big deal — there is NO CHARGE to be screened.

You are eligible for the Blood Screening if:

You have a close family member that has celiac disease or Type-1 diabetes, or

You have Down Syndrome, or

You have a related autoimmune condition such as rheumatoid arthritis or Addison’s Disease, or

You have digestive problems, chronic fatigue, osteopenia/osteoprosis, or

You have other related symptoms or conditions – visit www.celiacdisease.net for more information.

Preregistration is mandatory. Registration is now open. You may register by calling 773-702-7593.

Ask the experts is 10:30 – 11:30. It is open to the public. Bring your questions for a question and answer session with world-renowned experts in celiac disese. There will also be an exhibit area for sponsors. SAMPLES and information will be available beginning at 8:30 AM.
Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: