1 reply to this topic

#1 keithceliac2010

keithceliac2010

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

Now that i am gluten-free, I am more intrested in my overall health. I want to quit smoking cigarettes. i am a heavy smoker and in the past i have used the nicotine patch and nicotine gum. i prefer to use the gum, since last time i had bad side effects from the patch(hives and nausea). I feel like i need a nicotine replacement product because i am not ready for nicotine withdrawal.

In the past, i have used Equate Nicotine Gum(Walmarts generic brand). Does anyone have any info on nicotine gum and whether it contains gluten? Are any brands of nicotine gum gluten free?? Any info would be appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Gemini

Gemini

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Now that i am gluten-free, I am more intrested in my overall health. I want to quit smoking cigarettes. i am a heavy smoker and in the past i have used the nicotine patch and nicotine gum. i prefer to use the gum, since last time i had bad side effects from the patch(hives and nausea). I feel like i need a nicotine replacement product because i am not ready for nicotine withdrawal.

In the past, i have used Equate Nicotine Gum(Walmarts generic brand). Does anyone have any info on nicotine gum and whether it contains gluten? Are any brands of nicotine gum gluten free?? Any info would be appreciated.

Nicorette brand of smoking cessation products are gluten-free and they work pretty well. I used the Fast Melts, mint flavored, and was surprised at how well they curbed cravings. Just when you get to that point where you REALLY need a smoke, pop one and let it slowly melt in your mouth. After about 10 minutes, you feel calmer and forget you wanted a cigarette. It really was like smoking without the cigarette.

They taste OK when you first put them in your mouth but not so great as they melt. However, after using them 3-4 times, your taste buds adjust and I did not mind the taste at all....really. Kind of funny how that goes but that's what happened. It does tast like nicotine on the end side of the lozenge but you aren't freaking out for a smoke. That's a good thing!

Good luck to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: