admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Going gluten free in the Treasure Valley
KTVB
It's a protein found in grains and when someone can't eat it, they are diagnosed with celiac disease. "It kind of acts like a food allergy. Once it's in your body your body is sort of fighting against it," said registered dietitian Jennifer Taylor. ...

and more »

View the full article
Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 wheeleezdryver

wheeleezdryver

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Just saw the end of this story on the noon news, so went and found it online.

The only thing I didn't really like was that they seemed to exclude non celiac gluten intolerant people. and there are a lot more than 1% of the population who can't eat gluten.
I'm going to have to find out where that pizza place is-- I've never heard of it. (Smokey Mountain Pizza and Chicago Connection also have gluten free pizzas)
I've net the owner of Jake's Place, she's a nice lady!
Becky (me)-35yo; hypothyroid 8yrs (symptoms at least 1 yr prior); Plantar Fasciitis (PF) (tendonitis in foot) 4 yrs; ovary & softball size cyst removed Feb 2008; Sleep Apnea 3yrs; Dec 2008- realized wheat affects hormones-- went semi- gluten-free (aka, gluten lite!). Interstitial Cystitis (IC, aka painful bladder syndrome) (self dx. controlled by diet- can't have acidic foods/ drinks). July 2010-- realized there was more going on, was going to do the sensitivity/ Celiac testing, decided it wasn't worth it! Am now truely learning to live the gluten- free lifestyle!
My DH-38 yo; born w/ Spastic cerebral palsy. legally blind, uses wheelchair. back surgery Aug 2007, has continued back troubles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: