3 replies to this topic

#1 Jetamio

Jetamio

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi everyone. I have been gluten free for 2 1/2 weeks now; casein free for much longer. I had a positive blood test but have not had a biopsy yet. I'm meeting with an allergist to do some more blood work and I have an appointment with a GI but I don't know if I will gluten up for the biopsy or not yet. Anyway...

Since going gluten free, I feel better in so many ways. But my sleep has been terrible the last couple of weeks. I wake up constantly, can't get comfortable, too warm, then too cold. Last night I had these cold sweats - not physically sweating, just feeling like waves of cold chill/sweats were washing over me. Being chilled but sort of too warm head to foot. Hard to explain. Today I feel terrible! I feel like I'm walking in quicksand and I just want to sleep. My stomach is upset too. I just turned 36 and not perimenopause yet though I've had night sweats occasionally since I was 16 during my monthly from time to time. My doctor said some women do around that time of the month but all my levels are fine.

I am taking a good vitamin and iron (anemia) and just prior to going gluten free I was on 3000 mg of antibiotics a day for a really bad infection so I am on probiotics now. I've been on them for about a week. I feel like my sleep is even worse since starting the probiotics.

I went over everything I ate yesterday and no hidden gluten or casein. Could this be part of my body healing? Or something to do with the good bacteria rebalancing things? I guess it could be another food allergy as well. I suspect I may be sensitive to soy. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Dairy free since 2010
Gluten free 2/2012 after off the charts positive blood test
Soy and MSG sensitive
Have opted not to biopsy right now.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BabsV

BabsV

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

Maybe gluten withdrawal? I know I felt much worse those first few weeks when I went off gluten...for me it cleared up a couple of weeks after it started. You could try melatonin (it helped me for a while but now doesn't really do anything for me!) Just make sure it is gluten-free!

#3 Jetamio

Jetamio

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

You could be very right about the withdrawal. I'm beginning to suspect cold "sweats" from earlier are related to a virus. I'm feeling worse and worse as the day goes on - I may have picked up the stomach virus that is in our office. I would love to some good sleep though!
Dairy free since 2010
Gluten free 2/2012 after off the charts positive blood test
Soy and MSG sensitive
Have opted not to biopsy right now.

#4 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

This is part of my symptoms. I have chills when I fall asleep, then I wake up drenched in sweat.
gluten-gree as of May 9, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: