15 replies to this topic

#16 Mateto

Mateto

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

I know how you feel <_< I am just getting over this myself!

What I noticed was one: that eating sugar with my breakfast made me hungrier, and I used to just go mad eating and that would set the tone for the day....which would be constantly eating small snacks. I was spiking my bloodsugar, it was my own fault. I've stopped this and for the last month or so, I haven't done it!

Two: It really seems to be that it all comes down to fibre, protein, and fat. Those three things are what makes me feel full, so I eat a fibrous breakfast with good fats, found in eggs and whole grain bread. I eat more protein during the day, but not in excess....sometimes not enough. I'm not big on foods with protein :( But that's just me.

I also noticed that whenever I was craving something sweet, if I just had maybe one or two dark-chocolate covered almonds or peanuts, I was satisfied. I read one time that dark chocolate is good for you in the right amount and can ward off your cravings. Do you drink tea? Strong tea wards off hunger, as do strong coffee!

ORRRRR, maybe you're one of those lucky people whose metabolism is SO fast that you NEED the food! You're not gaining weight, there are no health effects...so why NOT snack?
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: