This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glulten & Soy Free Skin Care & Make-Up

KittylovesGeezer

KittylovesGeezer Newbie

Hi everyone! I am sensitive to both gluten and soy, and I'm new to this world. I just found out that my make up, cleansers, moisturizers, and even hair color are attacking me. I've found lots of leads to gluten free products, but what about products that are both gluten and soy free? I can't just read labels because I've also learned that several technical words that seem harmless are actually sources of gluten and soy without saying so.

Another issue is that when I do come across an eye cream that I can use, it's $60 for a tiny little container. I live on a very tight budget, and can only afford like $14 per product.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to find affordable gluten and soy free products? Specifically for these issues:

eye cream - wrinkle prevention

face cream with uv/spf

night face cream - wrinkle prevention

Mascara

Eye liner

Chap stick

face wash

face scrub

regular lotion for the whole body

body wash

Thanks for any insight any of you can give me. I'm sure this problem wouldn't be so hard if I could spend $60 a month on each of these products, but I just can't. Eating organic food is already killing my budget. Please help if you can. Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Try Open Original Shared Link

She carries a variety of products, is good at disclosing ingredients, and has a great sample program.

heatherjane Contributor

Try Desert Essence, too. I can't say enough good things about them. They clearly list on the package whether a product is gluten free. I don't have soy issues, so I don't routinely check for it, but I don't recall seeing soy in the labeling. You would have to check. They have all their ingredients listed online, and their products are pretty decently priced.

Open Original Shared Link

I buy their 32oz refill bottle of the Thoroughly Clean face wash (14.99 on the website, but I find it cheaper at Whole Foods), and it lasts FOREVER. B)

Archived