5 replies to this topic

#1 eatmeat4good

eatmeat4good

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Parchment Paper- I just discovered the joys of parchment paper. Those of you who use it regularly where do you buy? Online? Reynold's? Can you baker's hook me up with a good source? It's kind of expensive but maybe it's worth it. Is there a way to buy it online that is more economical? Do you re-use the sheets? I made cookies, but the paper still looks fine...can I use it again? I don't know where I've been...this stuff is great!
Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.
--Hippocrates

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:25 AM

I buy Reynolds at the grocery store. I really only use it for cookies, but I have not reused sheets. Mine wrinkle up somewhat, and absorb oil from what I baked on it.

Good stuff:)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

Once upon a time I worked in a bakery. The health department allowed the paper to be reused many times. I do reuse my paper. I dump off any crumbs and fold to store it. At the bakery we just had a whole big stack of baking sheets with the paper on it.

I toss mine when it doesn't look clean anymore. Since, I can't store it with the pan, I have trouble with it crumbling.

The paper gives me extra security when I bake on a pan which has been used for gluten.

One more thing. Do they use gluten to produce this paper?

Diana

#4 fantasticalice

fantasticalice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

http://www.savoryhot...archment-paper/

Feeling behind the times....?
Alice in Gluten-Free Wonderland

#5 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

I buy my Reynolds parchment paper at Wal-Mart (it's in the section with the aluminum foil, wax paper, etc.) and it's probably also available around here in regular grocery stores, too. I do reuse it, too...it all depends on what condition it's in. I especially like it for for baking cookies but have used it on a cookie sheet when I bake hamburger buns, too. It's one of my favorite products.

Edit: Diana, I wouldn't worry about this product (can't imagine they'd have any reason to add gluten in the manufacturing process). It's safe for us to use!!!

Edited by sa1937, 19 August 2012 - 06:01 AM.

Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#6 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

I buy mine at my regular grocery stores. And I've been using it for years - a lot for baking but even more so for food en papillotte, as I am doing tonight with fresh halibut. Each person gets their own package that puffs up in the oven (I am using white wine, lemon juice, capers, oven-roasted tomtaoes and thin green beans along with the halibut). You poke a hole in each to allow the steam to escape then open up. They are pretty and the food inside steams perfectly.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: