Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Parchment Paper

6 posts in this topic

Parchment Paper- I just discovered the joys of parchment paper. Those of you who use it regularly where do you buy? Online? Reynold's? Can you baker's hook me up with a good source? It's kind of expensive but maybe it's worth it. Is there a way to buy it online that is more economical? Do you re-use the sheets? I made cookies, but the paper still looks fine...can I use it again? I don't know where I've been...this stuff is great!

Ads by Google:

I buy Reynolds at the grocery store. I really only use it for cookies, but I have not reused sheets. Mine wrinkle up somewhat, and absorb oil from what I baked on it.

Good stuff:)

Once upon a time I worked in a bakery. The health department allowed the paper to be reused many times. I do reuse my paper. I dump off any crumbs and fold to store it. At the bakery we just had a whole big stack of baking sheets with the paper on it.

I toss mine when it doesn't look clean anymore. Since, I can't store it with the pan, I have trouble with it crumbling.

The paper gives me extra security when I bake on a pan which has been used for gluten.

One more thing. Do they use gluten to produce this paper?

Diana

I buy my Reynolds parchment paper at Wal-Mart (it's in the section with the aluminum foil, wax paper, etc.) and it's probably also available around here in regular grocery stores, too. I do reuse it, too...it all depends on what condition it's in. I especially like it for for baking cookies but have used it on a cookie sheet when I bake hamburger buns, too. It's one of my favorite products.

Edit: Diana, I wouldn't worry about this product (can't imagine they'd have any reason to add gluten in the manufacturing process). It's safe for us to use!!!

Edited by sa1937

I buy mine at my regular grocery stores. And I've been using it for years - a lot for baking but even more so for food en papillotte, as I am doing tonight with fresh halibut. Each person gets their own package that puffs up in the oven (I am using white wine, lemon juice, capers, oven-roasted tomtaoes and thin green beans along with the halibut). You poke a hole in each to allow the steam to escape then open up. They are pretty and the food inside steams perfectly.