This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Stomach Swells

ChristenDG

ChristenDG Rookie

Hello!

I've been dealing with celiac disease for about eight months now. I find that I still have severe stomach swells. It just comes and goes randomly and doesn't seem related to anything specific. For example, this morning I was getting ready for work and my stomach was so swollen that I could hardly wear my jeans. About five hours later the swelling had gone down, and I was literally holding my jeans to keep them from falling down! I also get asked "Awww, when are you due?" And that's no fun (thank goodness no one has tried to touch my belly, lest they be back-handed for invading my bubble!). I have this issue so frequently and it's very annoying. I started taking Probaclac Extra-Strength Probiotics around June and for a couple of months the swelling was nearly gone! Now it's back though.

Does anyone experience this? Is there anything you have found that works well?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ncdave Apprentice

I know you said "It just comes and goes randomly and doesn't seem related to anything specific". Is it possably you just haven"t figured out what causes it yet? Have you given up dairy yet, thats what it took for me to get over the bloated stomach. After that it got fairly easy to pin point exactly which foods were doing it. All it takes for me is a trace amount of dairy. I"ve also tried 4 differant probotics, none of which i could tolerate.

Persei V. Enthusiast

Like Dave, I think you didn't pinpoint what's causing it yet... Is very common for people to have troubles with other foods and gluten. The first suggestion is dairy, of course, but then, if the problem doesn't go away, maybe you should keep a food log and also note down when you bloat.

Good luck

ChristenDG Rookie

I may have to keep a food log, but I eat a lot of the same foods and haven't been able to detect anything. I'm lactose intolerant so I generally avoid dairy or take a supplement.

I do also have diverticulosis, and I'm starting to think it may be related to that... I'll have to get more serious with it and see if I can't narrow down a food or something.

Archived