2 replies to this topic

#1 amahones

amahones

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

I've been gluten-free for a few months. I've noticed that my eczema hasn't really improved much - if anything, it's gotten worse in some areas. I've been using gluten-free products that come in contact with my hands and mouth (like hand cream, chapstick, etc.) but haven't paid a huge amount of attention to body wash, shampoo, conditioner or other hair products. So, I want to try gluten-free products to see if it makes a difference.

I've been able to find gluten-free hair products but a lot of them have ingredients I can't or won't use in it. I'm allergic to nut oils as well as sesame oil, and I prefer to not use products with benzyl alcohol in it (had an allergic reaction to it in IV medication; unsure of what it does to my skin.)

Does anyone have suggestions of brands? I've been using Pantene and Biolage mostly.

Thanks in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NJceliac

NJceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have no idea if these products have nut oils but for shampoo and conditioner you could try Everyday Shea (unscented or lavender scent). Available at Whole Foods

Celiac Diagnosed 12/3/2011 (Positive blood work and biopsy at age 41)

#3 Alwayssomething

Alwayssomething

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

I can not say if these products contain nut oil or not. But I went to over the counter gluten free products and was still having a lot of trouble, dermatologist said I could expect to be hyper sensative for a few years to other things as well. Anyway, I use Originial Srouts hair products, they are ceterified gluten free and free of many other things and vegan and not animal tested. Pricey, but worth it and when I used over the counter I had to wash every day,now I can go a day or more without washing.

Cetiphil has sensitive skin wash and it is gluten free.

I tried Afterglow cosmetics but didn't care very much for them, I didn't like the coverage or the smell, but everyone is different they may work well for you. Now I use a powder that starts with an L (sorry I can't remember the name) it is certified gluten free and i got it from my health food store, it is nice, but I have very oily skin and powder just melts off my face, so I am still searching for a nice liquid foundation that is certified gluten free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: