Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Are Target Iga And Igg Levels For Recovering Celiacs?

• Please log in to reply

9 replies to this topic

#1 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hi! After a year and analog of being gluten free and almost a year with no cross contamination, I finally got health insurance again (yea!) and was able to get my antibodies tested again to see how I'm doing. I just got my results but I am completely clueless as to what good numbers and bad numbers would be! Can anybody help?
"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." - Spanish Proverb

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I'm sorry that was supposed to say a year and a half. I am posting from an iPhone.
"A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools." - Spanish Proverb

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Did you have original numbers? They should come way down.

Mine were never alarmingly high - came down steadily over the first year and are hanging between 3 and 6.

If you post results -- many of us can help analyze.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

My results are in decimals which is what confused me. It says IgG should be <0.9 and mine is 0.15 and the IgA should be <0.9 and mine is 0.26

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

which IgA and IgG? Total? or Celiac antibodies tTG, EMA, DGP, AGA????

Again...best if you post tests and ranges.

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

The range that it considers "normal" I believe is the range that Kaiser sets. I don't know if that's standard though and I also don't know why they are in decimals instead of whole numbers?

#7 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

All it says is tissue transglutinamase

#8 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ok..

that is tTG-IgA and tTG-IgG in normal range - that is good. Hard to give you accurate info if you don't have results prior to gluten removal.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#9 livelifelarge24

livelifelarge24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

I don't have any reaults from when I was at my sickest. Only from about 6 years ago long before I finally actually got a diagnosis. (Long story). But it seems that my levels are really low. Does anybody ever get all the way to zero? Does the fact that I have trace amounts of antibodies mean I am getting glutened somehow or is this good?

#10 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ok...if you post your results from six years ago with ranges if possible AND the new results in the same post it will be easier to compare.

If I have to answer off what you have provided I'd say you are heading in the right direction. I would also suggest you have your doc order the DGP tests -- Deamidated Gliadin Peptide - both IgA and IgG as these are most specific for possible accidental ingestion.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: