Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New Grist Cc Issues

5 posts in this topic

I can say with certainty that this brewery has some cc issues with barley. No problems with red bridge though. Headache after 4 beers a few days ago. Drank one a few days later instant headache. I drink alcohol and used to drink all beer on a regular basis and I know this beer or at least my 6 pack is cc.

Ads by Google:

Hmmm I'd say that lines up pretty well with my experiences with those gluten-free beers! Thanks for sharing!

This is my go to beer. I don't have a lot of choice here. I find it is the best available. I have been drinking it for a year now and I have never had a problem with it.

Have you contacted the company with your possible cc concern ?

I thought that I was getting glutened from this beer (it used to be my favorite gluten free beer) but I was actually reacting to the sulfites in it. I had never had a problem with sulfites until about 2 1/2 years into being gluten free. If you find yourself reacting to other gluten-free beers, wines, and/or ciders, you am want to look into this further.....

Their website claims " It is the first beer to be certified gluten-free by the US Government. Each batch we brew is tested for its gluten contents before it is bottled and shipped." Sounds like the same disclaimer as on any certified gluten free product.

Not sure how anyone can say with certainty that a particular 6 pack is cross contaminated.

I have tasted it. It's not the best beer I ever had, but I did not have any reaction to it whatsoever.