4 replies to this topic

#1 buckwheat

buckwheat

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I can say with certainty that this brewery has some cc issues with barley. No problems with red bridge though. Headache after 4 beers a few days ago. Drank one a few days later instant headache. I drink alcohol and used to drink all beer on a regular basis and I know this beer or at least my 6 pack is cc.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Carebear

Carebear

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Hmmm I'd say that lines up pretty well with my experiences with those gluten-free beers! Thanks for sharing!

#3 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

This is my go to beer. I don't have a lot of choice here. I find it is the best available. I have been drinking it for a year now and I have never had a problem with it.
Have you contacted the company with your possible cc concern ?

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

“Ah, but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now

#4 jebby

jebby

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

I thought that I was getting glutened from this beer (it used to be my favorite gluten free beer) but I was actually reacting to the sulfites in it. I had never had a problem with sulfites until about 2 1/2 years into being gluten free. If you find yourself reacting to other gluten-free beers, wines, and/or ciders, you am want to look into this further.....

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Their website claims " It is the first beer to be certified gluten-free by the US Government. Each batch we brew is tested for its gluten contents before it is bottled and shipped." Sounds like the same disclaimer as on any certified gluten free product.

Not sure how anyone can say with certainty that a particular 6 pack is cross contaminated.

I have tasted it. It's not the best beer I ever had, but I did not have any reaction to it whatsoever.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: