Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Ideas For Food For A Morning Birthday Party?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 AGH2010

AGH2010

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hi all,

I'm hosting my daughter's 3 year old birthday party from 10a to noon in a few weeks and was hoping for some food suggestions. It's the first party I'm hosting since her celiac diagnosis. There will be about 15 kids and 25 adults.

So far, I've thought of doing a fruit salad and a make-your-own-granola bar w yogurt, granola and a few berries. I was also going to bake some blueberry muffins.

I'd appreciate any other ideas you all might have. Thanks very much in advance!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LFitts

LFitts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

We love the gluten free Pamela's pancakes. My girls want me to make 'snowmen' with them and we sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar. Maybe snowmen with bacon skis? I like little individual items rather than messy plates at that age, so I would definitely skip the syrup. Maybe even roll them around a bacon or sausage and close it with a toothpick?

My girls love hashbrown casserole, too, and it's a good brunchy food. If you make it in a mini-muffin pan, you can get little single serving bites.

I posted a strawberry cupcake recipe starting from the Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix - add 3 eggs, the stick of butter, and instead of water I added 10 oz Greek strawberry yogurt and some chopped strawberries. They are so good and make a great birthday cake / breakfast cake.

You might want to take the emphasis off of food by focusing on the fun activities.

9 year old daughter diagnosed celiac November / December 2012
Postive endoscopy / biopsy, positive antibody test, positive genetic test

She's been gluten free since diagnosis. I've been gluten free with her since Jan 2013.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: