Celiac.com 10/27/2016 - Fall is upon us, but if you're reluctant to give up on salad just yet, here's a tasty salad that makes a perfect transition into fall.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, roasted, steamed, and cut into chunks
- 2 beets, cleaned and roasted
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- ½ feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
In large bowl, whisk honey, oil and vinegar, season to taste.
Steam carrots and roast beets.
When carrots and beets are done and cool, cut into chunks and toss with chopped apple and with dressing.
Sprinkle with nuts and feta cheese. Serve.