Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cake Recipes (Frostings)
- Golden Chalice Carrot Cake (Gluten-Free)
Golden Chalice Carrot Cake (Gluten-Free)
I’ve been asked for this recipe more times than I can remember, as everyone loves it. The key is the moisture, which is obtained by the high oil content. This cake is very moist and tastes delicious by itself, but a Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is included below, as well as Cashew Cream for Vegans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9x9x2'' pan.
- Mix together:
1 and ½ cup Almond Meal Flour (Health Food Store carries; check labels, or you can grind almonds finely in blender or food processor – measure after ground) or if nut-sensitive, use any gluten-free flour such as flour listed below – then cover 5 minutes after baking so it stays moist.
½ cup organic quinoa or amaranth Flour or combination of these
2 tsp. aluminum-free Baking Soda (health store)
2 tsp. organic Cinnamon
Organic spices – ¼ tsp. each organic Allspice and Cloves
1 tsp. Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- Blend in:
1 cup coconut oil or ghee, or 1/2 and 1/2 of each),
½ tsp. Sweet Leaf Stevia or raw, powdered Stevia Leaf
1 cup raisin sauce*
1 tsp. organic
3 cups grated carrots (try to get sweet carrots if not adding sweetener)
4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each time.
- Optional - Blend in:
½ cup chopped walnuts
- Bake 30-40 minutes. or till done. Cool and cover after five to ten minutes to maintain moisture. Can frost with cream cheese frosting (below) or Cashew Cream for Vegans and non-dairy requirements.
- Serve warm if not frosted, or at room temperature with cream cheese frosting. Refrigerate if not serving until next day, or leftover, but return to room temperature to serve.
* Raisin sauce: You can keep this in fridge for weeks. Place 1 cup raisins in jar with 1 and 1/2 cups water (or less, for more concentrated sweet). Soak raisins overnight or longer in refrigerator. Blend in blender to make paste.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Strawberry Shortcakes (Gluten-Free)
Homemade strawberry shortcakes remind me of being a kid.... [READ MORE]
Twinkie Cake/Strawberry Twinkie Torte (Gluten-Free)
One yellow cake mix (you can use 2 cake mixes to make a 15 x 10 pan full).... [READ MORE]
Cornflour Sponge (Gluten-Free)
½ cup castor sugar
1 cup corn flour
grease a deep 23 cm round cake pan.... [READ MORE]
Chocolate & Hazelnut Cake (Gluten-Free)
250 grams gluten-free dark chocolate
125 grams butter
110 grams caster sugar
¼ cup strong fresh coffee (can omit if you dont like coffee
- add a flavoring e.... [READ MORE]
Debbie Johnson is the best-selling author of Think Yourself Thin, and former owner of The Golden Chalice Restaurant and Gallery; a one hundred percent Gluten-Free and Diabetic-Friendly gourmet establishment. Her new cookbook, Fun with GF/LG Food is and ebook available now at http://glutenfreefun.com.View all articles by Debbie Johnson
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity