Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Chinese & Asian Recipes
- Slow-Cook Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce (Gluten-Free)
Slow-Cook Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce (Gluten-Free)
02/25/2016 - This slow-cook chicken marries chicken, garlic, and tomatoes, with Sri Racha Rooster Sauce and a bit of creamy peanut butter to deliver a rich, tasty dish that's a snap to make.
- 8 pieces chicken drumsticks and/or thighs (about 2½ pounds total)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons Sri Racha Rooster sauce, as desired
- ½ cup chopped cilantro, as garnish
Remove skin from chicken.
Mix all ingredients in a large slow-cooker.
Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours or low 8-10 hours until chicken is tender.
Chicken should be tender enough to come right off the bone.
Serve over rice, and topped with sauce from the pan.
Garnish with chopped cilantro, as desired.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
General Tsao's Chicken (Gluten-Free)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup + 1 tablespoon cornstarch, divided use
1 cup + 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
2/3 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
Chinese hot oil to taste
1 tablespoon sherry
1 tablespoon white vinegar
Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and rub with salt.... [READ MORE]
Coating (for 2 pounds boneless chicken pieces, skinned):
3 large egg whites
1 cup cornstarch
¼ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon baking soda
Oil ½ cup plus
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 dash crushed hot red chilies
¼ cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon rice wine
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Orange Sauce (mix in bowl):
1 ½ tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoon water
5 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons rice vinegar
Beat egg whites until frothy.... [READ MORE]
Pineapple Chicken (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.... [READ MORE]
Vietnamese Cole Slaw (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Donna Hudson.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity