Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free American, British/UK Recipes
- Pan-Seared Tilapia Fillets (Gluten-Free)
Pan-Seared Tilapia Fillets (Gluten-Free)
Ground Rice Chex cereal makes a great gluten-free flour for Tilapia filets. Photo: CC--Sebastian Freire
Celiac.com 06/14/2016 - This recipe for simple pan seared Tilapia filets is one of my favorites. It's a snap to make, and easy to pair with your favorites to deliver a tasty, memorable meal.
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 1 cup ground Rice Chex cereal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 coves garlic, as desired
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
Grind Rice Chex in a blender or crush finely in a plastic bag. I like mine very finely ground, almost powdered. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
Rinse tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper.
Place the ground Rice Chex in a shallow dish; gently press each fillet with the ground Rice Chex to coat and shake off the excess.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, as desired, sauté momentarily, then add the tilapia in the hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side.
Brush the melted butter onto the tilapia in the last minute before removing from the skillet. Serve immediately.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Pan Fried Filet of Sole (Gluten-Free)
Before I was diagnosed with celiac disease my favorite dish to order
in a seafood restaurant was
Fried Filet of Sole.... [READ MORE]
Chicken Jambalaya (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Valerie Wells.... [READ MORE]
Jane's Tuna/Noodle Casserole (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Jan Ryan.... [READ MORE]
Crab Cakes (Gluten-Free)
recipe comes to us from Phyllis Chinn.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity