Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Support
- Questions? Join our forum: Nearly 1 MILLION POSTS, and over 62,000 MEMBERS!
Follow / Share
|Get Email Alerts|
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Recipes: American & International Foods
- Gluten-Free Mexican Recipes (Spanish)
- Gluten-Free Steak Romesco
Gluten-Free Steak Romesco
Steak Romesco makes a cheap, tasty meal. Photo: CC--Steakeat
Celiac.com 07/07/2016 - Want a steak recipe that's quick, easy and cheap? Then this skirt steak Romesco is just right. Skirt steak is tender, cheap, and easy to cook. This version is sure to leave lots of happy eaters in its wake.
- 1½-2 pounds skirt steak
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ cup grated Romano cheese
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch watercress
Heat grill to medium-high.
Simmer the potatoes in a large pot, until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, season the steak with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Grill until cooked to desired doneness, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the almonds. Add the garlic, Parmesan, red peppers, oil, and vinegar and the remaining salt and pepper. Blend.
Drain the potatoes, return them to the pot, add 1 cup of the sauce, and toss.
Divide the potatoes, steak, and watercress among individual plates. Spoon the remaining sauce over the steak.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).
Classic Mexican Rice (Gluten-Free)
Cinco De Mayo is upon us, and if you love Mexican food, like I do, you probably also love Mexican-style rice.... [READ MORE]
Tortilla Chip Dip Recipe (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from "CeliacMom2008" in the Gluten-Free Forum.... [READ MORE]
Pico de Gallo & Salsa Verde (Gluten-Free)
These recipes come from Sandy Metius.... [READ MORE]
Carne Guisada Los Barrios (Gluten-Free)
This recipe comes to us from Anne Barfield.... [READ MORE]
Jefferson Adams is a freelance writer living in San Francisco. His poems, essays and photographs have appeared in Antioch Review, Blue Mesa Review, CALIBAN, Hayden's Ferry Review, Huffington Post, the Mississippi Review, and Slate among others.
He is a member of both the National Writers Union, the International Federation of Journalists, and covers San Francisco Health News for Examiner.com.View all articles by Jefferson Adams
In Celiac.com's Forum Now:
Celiac.com Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diet Forum - All Activity