Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiac3270

Gf Candies --

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi celiac3270,

I have a list of mainstream gluten-free and milk free candies that I use when shopping for candy for my kids. I got it from the Gluten-free Casein-free Diet Support Group for Autistic kids and they are very strick when it comes to putting products in their booklet each year. I know that Dextrin is one of their ingredients that is avoided, so these should be safe. Still read all the labels, since manufacturers change their formulas far too often:

Nestle: Sweet Tarts, Spree Chewy Candy, Regular Spree Candy

Farley gummy bears

Willy Wonka: Gobstoppers, Bottle Caps, Pixy Stix, Nerds, Runts

Mike & Ike: Zours, Jelly Beans, Hot Tamales

Starburst Fruit Chews (NOT Starburst fruit twists!)

Necco: Necco Wafers, Sweethearts, Conversation hearts (Valentines), Necco Candy Eggs (Easter), Candy Stix, Talking Pumpkins (Halloween), Peach Blossoms (Christmas), Necco Ultramints, Canada Mint & Wintergreen Losenges

Rock Candy (made from pure sugar)

Ce De Candies: Kidz Rings, Candy Fruits, Candy Lipsticks, Smarties

Mars Inc: Skittles, Jelly Beans

Sunkist: Fruit Jems, Jelly Beans, Orange and Cream chews, Super Sour Stars

Sorbee International: Lollypops

Jolly Rancher: Hard Candies, Jelly Beans

Jelly Belly: All flavors of Jelly Beans EXCEPT: Cafe Latte, Buttered Toast, Caramel Corn, Buttered Popcorn, Chocolate Cherry Cake, Chocolate Pudding, Strawberry Cheesecake

This should give you a lot more options and they are all available pretty much everywhere. I can also put together a list of others that you might only find online or in healthfood stores if you would like. Just let me know.

As for chocolate, I found that the Scharfen Berger chocolate bars are very yummy. They are gluten and dairy free by ingredients. The small bars are wrapped in a different facility where they also wrap other chocolates that do contain milk, so as a precaution they put a milk warning on the label. I am very sensitive to dairy reactions and have never had a reaction to these bars. They are a bit pricey and not available everywhere (I got mine at Whole Foods) but they are very nice to have when you are craving chocolate. There are also a few kinds of baking chocolate chips that are gluten and dairy free.

God bless,

Mariann

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

The White Chocolate Reese's are also gluten freen. I can't say for the milk chocolate ones cause I'm allergic to coco. Anyway, that's my usual junk food when I need sugar and candy.

Ravyn

*vere atque certe*

The candies change a little frum year 2 year but i always count on regualer milk hershey's, snickeres, 3 musketeres, and Reese's but u shuld chek the websites n diff things as the years go by. . .

"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume." ~Romeo & Juilet Act II Scene IV

I do not suffer from insanity-I enjoy every minute of it.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself-everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Be grateful for what you have today-you never know what tomorrow will bring. . .or take away.

Don't Worry Boys. . .I'm Gluten Free!!

The candies change a little frum year 2 year but i always count on regualer milk hershey's, snickeres, 3 musketeres, and Reese's but u shuld chek the websites n diff things as the years go by. . .

This is a really old list and ingredients may have changed since then.

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

um, actually i eat these candies all the time, they r my favorites so u dont really no wut ur talking about <_<

"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume." ~Romeo & Juilet Act II Scene IV

Friendship is like peeing on yourself-everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings.

Be grateful for what you have today-you never know what tomorrow will bring. . .or take away.

PS i also posted that comment on the Feb 19, 2011 (AKA the same day u posted this one.)