Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebekka's mom

Wipes Vs Hand Sanitizer

Gluten can not be "killed" or "neutralized." It must be physically removed. Sanitizer will do nothing.

Wipes, if used with vigor, will help, but may still leave a trace of residue. If you can't get to soap and water, I would use them. But soap and water is better.

Wipes for sure. As pointed out the sanitizer does nothing.

Totally a side not but not sure if this is relating to school or not due to the time of year, but if so, get your 504 plan changed. Your child absolutely MUST have the right to go the restroom to wash as needed. Wipes will do in a pinch, like on a field trip and such or when out of the house, but for day to day safety are not at all adequate.

Wipes for sure. As pointed out the sanitizer does nothing.

Totally a side not but not sure if this is relating to school or not due to the time of year, but if so, get your 504 plan changed. Your child absolutely MUST have the right to go the restroom to wash as needed. Wipes will do in a pinch, like on a field trip and such or when out of the house, but for day to day safety are not at all adequate.

Oh...I never thought of that!

And yes, I agree....wipes are better than sanitizer. Of course, I'd go for the wipes over the hand sanitizer regardless....I can't stand the stuff myself. Gives me migraines. And I don't want my 6 year old using it either. I about fell over when I ate lunch with him last year and saw how they lined the kids up as they were coming in the lunchroom to eat....great gobs of sanitizer on their hands. :( I actually thought that was what was making him sick at first since we don't ever use the stuff at home.

I am thinking school. She starts Kindergarten next week. Normally she will have full access to bathroom, it is mostly for in a pinch. This year she will not have lunch in the lunchroom, but i guess i will figure it out for next year..

I was thinking you would say wipes, that has been my preference so far.

I will be talking to her teacher on friday

thank you