Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Burlingame

So Mad That Drug Companies Do Not Put Allergies Down

Just had a wonderful reaction, got a splinter in the middle top of my finger. Put some Neosporin on last night, really thought is was the chilli, now wish I hadn't thrown it out. Felt better this morning, then It hit me like a rock after I put some more on the cut. Now I'm an absolute mess,  I forgot how it felt all the time when I was eating soy on a every day basis before I found out I had a soy allergy. full force fog, nerves are shot. mental shut down. uggg. So mad....cannot take ADVIL, my favorite head pain reliever has soy in every product...WHY

Gluten and Soy free since 6/30/2014

Detox from fast-Food is not fun

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Did you eat the Neosporin?  I am confused.  Or are you saying it was the chili?  Or do you get a topical reaction to something?  You could have a contact allergy but that would be things like hives or itching.

Join eNewsletter

Did you eat the Neosporin?  I am confused.  Or are you saying it was the chili?  Or do you get a topical reaction to something?  You could have a contact allergy but that would be things like hives or itching.

No, it was put on a cut, I assume mixed in with my blood, got an almost instant reaction after it was applied, usually if I eat something with soy, takes about an hour to feel if I ate soy. super messed up right now, just going to wait for it to pass.

Join eNewsletter

My response after introducing soy to my system, includes. Brain fog, short term mem loss, severe anxiety, and II want to crawl into a ball and die. My IQ drops 50%. So far at this point I just having allot of anxiety, hope this all passes soon, about to drink more water, hope it flushes it out faster.

Join eNewsletter

I hope it will pass soon.  I have system reactions (allergies) to things and understand how putting something on a little cut can have some profound effects.  I tread carefully using as little processed items as possible.  You can usually call a company and ask specifics about the ingredients.  I feel sorry that it is necessary, but it is better than suffering the results.  Even though my reactions are extreme, the less I take it in the shorter lived the reaction and I so hope that it will be that way for you also.  Don't let anyone tell you that you can have this one little bit one time for a medical test or anything else!

Dee

Join eNewsletter

Well.... We know there is no gluten in them! Not that putting gluten on a wound would give you a Celiac reaction......

http://www.neosporin.com/frequently-asked-questions/wound-care

Looks like regular Neosporin wouldn't have any soy, either.

Inactive Ingredients:

Cocoa butter, cottonseed oil, olive oil, sodium pyruvate, vitamin E, white petrolatum

- See more at: http://www.neosporin.com/products/wound-care-products/original-antibiotic-ointment#sthash.zHMv43TZ.dpuf

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter