Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bartfull

It Gets Better Every Day

Ever since I started I couldn't eat almonds. Cashews and peanuts were OK and I could do pistachios if I keep it to a minimum, but every time I tried almonds I got sick.

Well, the other day I went to get some cashews and I noticed they had the Planter's mixed nuts on sale. The way I've been getting stuff back at such a rapid pace I thought, "Why not?" so I got some. I've been particularly enjoying the almonds. They were always my favorite. And I have not had even the slightest reaction.

Tonight I'm going to the grocery store and buy a BUNCH of almonds in the shell. They are on sale (for the holidays) and of course they aren't as fattening in the shell as the ones in the can with salt.

Blueberries are next on my list. If I could get blueberries back I would be so happy!!

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks Nicole! Every time I would read here that it gets better with time, well it's not that I didn't believe it, I just didn't believe it would get better for ME. It seemed that for the longest time I was losing more and more foods. I thought as time went on I would lose more and end up eating a diet of meat and dirt. (Worms eat dirt. If it's good enough for them I supposed it would be good enough for me. :lol: )

I know everybody heals at different rates and that for some it might take even longer, but three and a half years seemed like an eternity. But now my diet has expanded, my vitamins have helped me, the grapeseed extract has improved my jaw problem and life looks pretty sunshiny again.

I can't thank everybody here enough!!!! :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:   

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

I'm where you were a year or so ago.  At one year gluten-free I felt pretty good but then things started to slide.  For a good year I've been living in denial and telling myself that I don't need to cut out more foods. I've finally sucked it up and made more cuts in the hope that things will still get better for me.  My food is pretty simple now and it would be almost impossible for me to eat processed foods. 

I've got my fingers crossed that I'm just a year or two behind you! Thank YOU for sharing your successes.  It's motivating!

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

How long do you think you had celiac before you were diagnosed? For me I think it was probably 12 years. I don't know if three and a half years is the average time to heal for someone who had celiac for 12 years, but you might calculate from that.

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter