Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlessedMommy

Dairy Intolerant...any Success In Adding In Goat's Milk?

I really dislike being dairy free. I avoid dairy because it seems to bother my sinuses. No GI symptoms though.

I was wondering if anybody had success in adding in goat milk products if they couldn't tolerate cow's milk. I have a local farm that sells goat milk, goat kefir, and goat yogurt.

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My lactose intolerance has resolved, but my casein allergy? Who knows? It always has diminished during winter. I used to think I was cured during Winter (even told my allergist who would chuckle) and it would come back with a vengeance come Spring. I react strongly to tree pollen. Another family curse!

Of course, I have been testing periodically. This winter I have been consuming butter, cream, cheese and yogurt. No tummy issues, so I take that as a sign of intestinal healing from celiac disease. Nose? Very little congestion unless mold counts are high. Then I have been taking an anti-histamine. Took one today after consuming eggs and yogurt. Nose is already stuffy from Santa Ana winds which kick up mold spores. The real test will be in Spring.

I am so happy to be able to consume dairy. I am diabetic and eat a low carb high fat diet which helps keep my blood sugar stable.

I could never stand goat anything as a kid or adult, so I can not tell you how it impacts a milk allergy. You can try an anti-histamine to see if it helps.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I don't know about goats milk products but I would try about anything to see if it works as a sub. I am just starting to deal with the dairy issue. After months of gluten free and feeling much better but I notice I have nasty reactions to all dairy. I was still having bad days and was trying to pin it down to gluten. Since I don't use much dairy It took me a while to figure out when I did I would have the pain, bloating and awful gas. I hope you'll let us know if you try the goats milk.

Fran

Diagnosed Dec. 2008

Diagnosed with follicular Non Hodgkin Lymphoma Sept. 2010

Large B cell lymphoma 2011

Join eNewsletter

I use Goats milk all the time with no problems...I started using it right after diagnosis, after having problems with dairy.  Try a small amount at first and see how you react to it. It is really expensive, but what isn't.  Good luck.   I also use Goats milk yogurt.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter