Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bartfull

Glucosamine

I had stopped eating nightshades a couple of months ago because I was getting joint pain. My back pain went away but my left wrist seemed to be getting worse. I started taking glucosamine chondroitin complex one week ago today. Yesterday the writst seemed better finally. Still painful and still had trouble playing guitar (and I make my living with my guitar so it's rather important.)

Today there can be no doubt - my wrist is much better. A bit of pain in the morning but nothing like it was a week ago. Today I was able to play my guitar and give lessons without having to stop and go, "OW!"

These bad boys are expensive but they had a buy one/get one sale. And although the directions say to take two capsules three times daily, when I looked it up the article I read said that over 1,500 mg. was wasted so I am only taking ONE capsule three times a day.

It may be the placebo effect. It may be coincidence. But if this hadn't worked I was about to buy a copper bracelet! :P I was lining up substitute guitar teachers in case I couldn't play anymore but it looks like I may be able to teach for a while longer.

Anyway, if you've got joint pain and haven't tried this yet, you might want to give it a shot. And if you HAVE tried it, what were your results?

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's not a placebo and I have a story for you.  I tried it several years ago because I have bone spurs in my lower back and arthritis in my wrist, knee, ankles  and shoulders  due to upholstery work. I never  hurt so bad before taking it.  After a few weeks I stopped and all the pain went away.  Well I found out I was allergic to shell fish and that is what it is made from so all my joints swelled with pain. Then I found glucosamine at the health food store that was made from vegies. and I love it.  I take it everyday and have been for years now and it is gluten free.

Join eNewsletter

I had some positive results for my knees but I got out of taking it about a year ago. I was just sick of taking extra vitamins and had a little tantrum about it then stuck my head in the sand.  LOL

I should probably start it up again.

Glad you are feeling better!  :D

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter