Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
Nkoldewey

Help understanding test results

Rate this topic

Could someone please help explain my test results. 23 y/o female with no clue what I am dealing with. Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (recently hospitalized for 8 days :( ) and recieved call to come in to see nutritionists. Really all I was told was cut out gluten immediately. Any help is appreciated. Attached is a screen shot of my tests. 

celiac panel .png

celiac.png

Edited by Nkoldewey
More pictures

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

1 hour ago, Nkoldewey said:

Could someone please help explain my test results. 23 y/o female with no clue what I am dealing with. Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (recently hospitalized for 8 days :( ) and recieved call to come in to see nutritionists. Really all I was told was cut out gluten immediately. Any help is appreciated. Attached is a screen shot of my tests. 

celiac panel .png

celiac.png

Welcome!  I am sorry that you have been so ill.  

The first set of tests are positive for celiac disease.  Normally, the next step is to confirm via biopsy/endoscopy to access for villi damage.  Are you under a Gastroentrologist's care?  I ask because the second test Reticulin is very very old and no longer used to test for celiac disease.  I hope you did not have to pay for that test.  Here is some information about it:  

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3623418/

http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Overview/9275

It looks like a NP ordered these tests.  You should really have a medical doctor look at your results.  Often, many do not go forward with the endoscopy because of financial reasons or they are just too ill.  Is this your case?  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed