vickyloveaimee

Is it true food intolerance will gone after remove gluten ?

Rate this topic

my daughter has dairy /egg/soy intolerance,plus recently found out gluten intolerance and possible celiac, I have read some article said once you remove the gluten from the diet and gut starts to heal,then your other food intolerance will disappear(,I hope it's true,I feel like to cry everytime think about my 5 years old can't enjoy like other kids....

I think this depends on the person, a lot of my issues became more sensitive and several new ones came up. While two of them went away after 2 years (beets and bell peppers). As the intestines heal and the body changes it could go either way. Regardless this will probably take awhile for any changes to happen. I wish you the best of luck with this, perhaps others can provide you with better information. I do know several brands of allergy friendly alternatives for common foods are now available. I learned of many at a local expo.

First please keep her on gluten until all her celiac testing is finished. As to other intolerances it does depend on the person. In my own case I got dairy back after a few months gluten free but am still intolerant of soy protein or flour.

Well, I thought once I removed gluten from my diet (and my rash did disappear after less than 2 weeks) I would be healed.  Nope, didn't happen.....I don't know if I'm allergic to other things now because I'm itching all over, have a slight rash and just downright fatigued and don't feel well.  One of these days I'll get tested....all I know is when I removed the gluten, I noticed an almost immediate change in my skin.  If you are able to take your daughter to a nutritionist (a holistic one), I would recommend that.  Unfortunately, I can't afford it right now so I'm just trying to educate myself!  Good Luck!