Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter
Leaf Ericson

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort

Rate this topic

Hello all.  I am currently planning a golf trip to Bandon Dunes.  For any golfers out there you know this is a Bucket List trip that all golfers dream about.  I have checked their website and noticed that they do accommodate specialty diets, including gluten free.  However, I have not been able to find any feedback from someone with Celiac or someone that has first hand experience with eating gluten free there.  If anybody has and can share their experience it would be much appreciated.  The last thing I want to do when I'm there is worry about the food or not feel well.  Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

10 minutes ago, Leaf Ericson said:

Hello all.  I am currently planning a golf trip to Bandon Dunes.  For any golfers out there you know this is a Bucket List trip that all golfers dream about.  I have checked their website and noticed that they do accommodate specialty diets, including gluten free.  However, I have not been able to find any feedback from someone with Celiac or someone that has first hand experience with eating gluten free there.  If anybody has and can share their experience it would be much appreciated.  The last thing I want to do when I'm there is worry about the food or not feel well.  Thanks.

I would talk directly to the executive chef. Generally a place of that caliber would know a thing or two about celiac but its usually best to gauge what the chef knows. They will make sure the staff knows to watch out for you. Always good to re-enforce the things you cant have on your food like soy sauce & flour thickeners. Some places use pre-mixed roux and other sauces and even the chef does not always realize whats in it.  Good luck  

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator