Rate this topic

For those of you who get this, how long did it last? I am going on 3 months now, glutening 2 months ago. 

Popping zofran in the morning and I feel pretty dizzy and queasy the first half of the day. No, I am not pregnant.

I also get flu like aches and accelerated heart rate after eating. 

Here is a link to a site with info on the drug you are taking. Interestingly nausea is one of the side effects. Along with a lot of other (IMHO) very scarey ones.

https://www.drugs.com/zofran.html

Also saw this.

"Zofran is not for preventing nausea or vomiting that is caused by factors other than cancer treatment or surgery. "

Perhaps you may want to either try a different drug or another remedy.

What helps me is eating a bowl of Cream of Buckwheat with some cinnamon mixed in or a hot rice cereal. While the last thing I feel like doing when nauseated is eating usually by the time I am halfway done with a bowl the feeling is gone. Hope you are feeling better soon.

3 minutes ago, ravenwoodglass said:

Here is a link to a site with info on the drug you are taking. Interestingly nausea is one of the side effects. Along with a lot of other (IMHO) very scarey ones.

https://www.drugs.com/zofran.html

Also saw this.

"Zofran is not for preventing nausea or vomiting that is caused by factors other than cancer treatment or surgery. "

Perhaps you may want to either try a different drug or another remedy.

What helps me is eating a bowl of Cream of Buckwheat with some cinnamon mixed in or a hot rice cereal. While the last thing I feel like doing when nauseated is eating usually by the time I am halfway done with a bowl the feeling is gone. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Oh great, and they have been giving me this drug! 

2 minutes ago, ironictruth said:

Ravenwood, oddly I did notice sometimes food helps. 

How long did your nausea last?

Off and on for a few months. It turned out to be caused by soy in my case.

If food seems to help try eating first thing in the morning.  Just make it something easy to digest like the Buckwheat cereal (also high in easily digestable prtein) or toast with a nut butter and a non-acidic fruit. You don't have to try and get down a full breakfast or at least I didn't.