Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

Any one ever heard of buying gluten free dental floss (or researching it)?  I was just thinking the other day about things I put in my mouth and that is one of them! I don't get a lot of quick symptoms (most of mine are arthritis/anemia) so it would be difficult to know if I was getting glutened or why

Any thoughts?

41 minutes ago, TexasJen said:

Any one ever heard of buying gluten free dental floss (or researching it)?  I was just thinking the other day about things I put in my mouth and that is one of them! I don't get a lot of quick symptoms (most of mine are arthritis/anemia) so it would be difficult to know if I was getting glutened or why

Any thoughts?

Because of my many dental issues due to Celiac and Sjogren's, I am an avid flosser.  What I learned is that even the flavored dental floss is perfectly safe for us.  The only issue would be flavorings used like the mint floss, of which I use every day. Flavorings can but rarely do contain gluten.  According to Celiac Disease experts, chances of there being gluten in dental floss flavorings is almost nil.  So, I use the flavored ones and in 12 years, never had any issues at all.  I hope this helps!

Not an issue? :) 

i just use the unflavored kind.  no problems :)