Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Alm2015

Pre diagnostic testing questions

Rate this topic

I have been dealing with digestive issues and internal inflammation for about 3 years now. I had some blood work done and a CT scan done in December which showed my inflammation levels internally or quite elevated. The gastro did not want to continue to do any testing they thought it was nothing so I'm now seeing and naturopath. I've been off of all allergen food for about 3 months now as I started Whole30  but she told me in order for me to have the Celiac screen that I have to eat gluten for 3 to 4 weeks, I'm worried that I won't make it that long. My symptoms are usually upper abdominal pain, indigestion  back pain, sharp pain in the lower intestines, and constipation, and rarely mucousy stool. My question is how long do I truly need to have the reactions in my body before I can go and have the screen done?

Yes.  Celiac blood testing measures antibodies which can take months to build up after being dormant (gluten free).  Here is more information regarding testing after being gluten free (gluten challenge):

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/what-is-a-gluten-challenge/

I hope  you feel better soon!  

On 5/6/2017 at 5:07 PM, Alm2015 said:

I have been dealing with digestive issues and internal inflammation for about 3 years now. I had some blood work done and a CT scan done in December which showed my inflammation levels internally or quite elevated. The gastro did not want to continue to do any testing they thought it was nothing so I'm now seeing and naturopath. I've been off of all allergen food for about 3 months now as I started Whole30  but she told me in order for me to have the Celiac screen that I have to eat gluten for 3 to 4 weeks, I'm worried that I won't make it that long. My symptoms are usually upper abdominal pain, indigestion  back pain, sharp pain in the lower intestines, and constipation, and rarely mucousy stool. My question is how long do I truly need to have the reactions in my body before I can go and have the screen done?

I'm may want to  it's sounds like a allergy problem only