Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StrongerToday

Does It Get Better?

It's funny - I was never one to cook either... but... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!! Do you have any good cookbooks? I search my library for them and try to make at least one new thing every week or two. A lot of these dishes I'm sure no one could tell they were GFDF either!

Lisa-

I agree with Tiffany, if you have DH, you have Celiac...and the benefits are just as valuable to you as to the rest of us--and just as crucial. You may not have some of the worse symptoms yet, but it is only a matter ot time before the damage catches up with you...I do believe that. I'm glad I was able to encourage you a bit. Please let us know when you do revisit the subject--many of us care about you and the decision you make!

I am an anxiety riddled mess most days, so I know how it feels. Sometimes medicines can help, but you did mention maybe therapy. A really good therapist can work with you and teach you some great coping skills. I finally found a good one I just started seeing recently. Find someone who will work with you, that works with people who have chronic illness. As everyone knows, this is a grieving process, and good coping skills will go a long way. I only go once every two weeks, so it is not so bad. I am a divorced mother of 3, with a boyfriend and his child, and I am also ill with what they are coming closer to diagnosing as MS. I go through alot of emotional and physical turmoil to get to my appointments, but,you will find time, believe me. It's worth it!!!

Thank you for all of the encouragement! I have been diagnosed with celiac, I was just saying that if I don't take my dapsone, I would be miserable on the outside, so even if I wanted to cheat or quit, it wouldn't be worth it.

I have a great therapist-Jesus! He gets me through a lot.

Lisa

Amen to Jesus Lisa :) Your prayer for the new year could be perserverance. Maybe the verse from James 1 can become your verse for 06..."Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Merry Christmas!

Jen,

I try and claim that promise too. Many times when I have reached the end of my rope, I have literally begged GOd to help me and He hasn't failed me yet, but I have been at some pretty low points, so if someone needs a therapist or medicine, then I think they should. Sometimes when I get real low, I believe it is because I am not taking care of myself. I have three small children and homeschool. My daily exercise routine keeps me happy!

monica

Monica-

Sounds like you have a full house and a full plate! Glad to hear He hasn't failed you yet...me neither :) I totally agree on not taking care of oneself--when I haven't taken time--I get run down, burned out and moody quickly! (My dh can vouch for that!) Merry Christmas!

I would like to add my thoughts on effexor as well. I had tried, I think< just about every pill out there. I didn't want to rely on Xanax b/c it is so addictive. Effexor has been a life saver for me. I function in life without the panic attacks and my moods are more even. If you are having anxiety, don't feel weird about taking medication for it. The difference you will feel in your quality of life will be so much better. Effexor has been great for me, unfortunately, though, there is no generic for it and it can be expensive - even with insurance. Good luck!

What does steak, cheese, and/or tuna have to do with Celiac disease or gluten intolerance? I'm new to this forum and just recently finding out about Celiac and possibly tying it to my ailments. Are these foods related somehow?

I wanted to add my thoughts to this. I dont eat any beef anymore, it's too hard on my stomach--beef is one of the toughest foods to digest. Cheese can be a problem for anyone with a problem with dairy--thank God I never had that intolerance. Tuna can be bad for the celiac who cant tolerate soy--there are a few brands that do not use soy for their vegetable broth in the tuna--I buy Bumble Bee brand tuna in the foil packets--no soy.

As for the panic, it does get better, if you are meaning true panic attacks. Panic attacks are caused by a chemical imbalance and once you get the gluten out of your system and the vitamins and minerals start working again, usually the chemical imbalance gets better too. My panic is almost gone--rarely I will still have a panic attack, but I think it is more an enviromental problem then chemical. Keep at it, things do get better. Deb