• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

oliviasmom

Clan Thompson Smartlist Vs. Gluten Guard

Rate this topic

Has anyone tries either of these products? I've been wanting to subscribe and am looking for some feedback from anyone who has had experience with either. I tried the trial demo for the SmartList and was impressed. I also tried the demo for the Gluten Guard and was disappointed with its redundancy and lack of thorough analysis (i.e. foods that are known to be Gluten-free were labeled as containing Gluten because searching is done by words and not nec. by phrases).

My 4-yr old was recently diagnosed & confirmed as Celiac and I'm looking for something to help make grocery trips a little shorter and less of a nightmare.

Thanx for any help you can offer.

I have been considering teh Clan Thomson one, I have talked with them a few times as a non customer and I am happy with how they handled my questions. I do not know how Gluten Guard works, but Clan Thomson actually calls and checks on stuff instead of just word searching ingredients.

Thanks, Vincent -- I was going to get the Gluten Guard. I didn't realize that they just checked the lists. I talked with Clan Thompson people, too. They were very open to researching foods in our area, too, to include them on their quarterly updates. I was really impressed with their customer service and their quick response. Given what you said about the Gluten Guard, I think I'll stick with the Clan Thompson. Thanks for the input. . . . Lynne

BTW: Tymber's new picture is GREAT!

Thanks, Vincent -- I was going to get the Gluten Guard. I didn't realize that they just checked the lists. I talked with Clan Thompson people, too. They were very open to researching foods in our area, too, to include them on their quarterly updates. I was really impressed with their customer service and their quick response. Given what you said about the Gluten Guard, I think I'll stick with the Clan Thompson. Thanks for the input. . . . Lynne

BTW: Tymber's new picture is GREAT!

Lynne... couple things, please note in my post where I state " do not know how Gluten Guard works", I have not heard of them till this thread. Oliviasmom post makes it soudn like they just do a ingredinet serach and nothing more. I do not want to come across as bashing a company I know nothing about. :) That being said I am still considering buying Clan Thomson for the reasons I listed, an you listed too. :)

Second... theres lots newr pics of the little monster on my webpage :Phttp://www.vydor.net :P