Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plantime

Overweight Celiacs

Something that most people do not think about is your sleep habits. Research has shown that those of us who do not sleep well are more likely to gain weight.

I am working on this aspect of my life right now since I am not losing weight even though I am exercising regularly in the pool or hot tub and being careful about my diet. I can feel the muscle getting stronger, but the weight is just not dropping off. After watching my husband get his sleep apnea under control and then beginning to lose 35 pounds, I started researching. The sleep thing being a part of weight gain took me totally by surprise. Check it out.

Hi! I have gained weight on the gluten-free diet also. I think it's because it's such a change that at first you're just trying everything to feel satisfied. Also, there are a lot of sweets and junk food that are gluten-free. I miss my whole grain bread and cereals. For me, it's about really planning and having a lot of healthy fruits on hand. I think it all comes down to calories though. You really need to burn more than you are consuming. I've also been experimenting making all these yummy gluten free muffins and cookies for my son and I. I need to start journaling and counting calories again. :) Good luck!