• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

gabrielle

General Mills Neopets Cereal

Rate this topic

I forget whose post I read on here that said the Neopets cereal was/is gluten-free. So I tried it, because lets face it any food you can get in a regular market is worth trying... and I HAD A REACTION!! I ate it for a couple weeks and I usually do not react right away, but I started having horrible stomach pains. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had a reaction with so-called gluten-free General Mills cereals. I think I am going to steer clear of cereals that don't say gluten-free, or the Pebbles cereals- because I've never had reaction on them.

I had a problem with them. Nothing really serious, stomach pains and the rash came back. That tells me it was just CC, and I did check with the company that said they will not hide gluten on the label.

L.

I am the one who posted the original messgae about them being gluten free. I still have not had any reactions and I ate some with milk for breakfast this morning. I really like this cereal, reminds me of Captain Crunch.

Gabrielle,

If you don't mind the drive, I am in Harrisburg and I have been to the dillsburg store. They sell the Perky O's which are frosted and very good. Other than that, I haven't found much luck with gluten free cereals tasting good. If you have any good shopping spots down your way, feel free to pm me and let me know. I am always looking for something new.

Hmm... perhaps it was something else then... I am not sure, but I felt crampy!

blueeyedmanda-

I usually don't have a problem with gluten-free cereals in the taste department. I really like Arrowhead Mills maple buckwheat flakes, and the envirokids cereals. There are a couple good places to shop down here in Lancaster county... in Akron, PA there is "The Akron Nutrition Center", in Lancaster "Rhubarb Market" and in Wyomissing (one of my favorite places, but a little more pricey) "The Nutricurean". They are all pretty good places to shop. The Nutricurean carries "the Grainless baker" products- and they are so good! PM me if you have any ?.