Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nini

Newbie Survival Kit

Guest nini
I accessed the revised zip file and extracted all of it with no problems to my NTFS hard drive under XP. :)

YAY!!!!

For the 50 things you can eat now... I didn't have any ask-for-password issues. I did, however, have to specify in which format I wanted to open it. Add .doc to the file name and it might be ok.

I found your file, but all I saw was lists of OK foods. Didn't you have more than that when you first posted it here?? I'm sorry....I'm not good at navigating new sites ...this one still has me confused at times!!

Guest nini
I found your file, but all I saw was lists of OK foods. Didn't you have more than that when you first posted it here?? I'm sorry....I'm not good at navigating new sites ...this one still has me confused at times!!

along with lists of ok foods there are some restaurant menus, some info about Celiac to pass on to family members and friends from the Celiac Disease Foundation, an article from Time magazing about Celiac, safe school supplies for kids and naturally gluten-free meal suggestions...

it's just a compilation of files I have collected over the past three years and I wish that I had them when I was first dx'ed... It's not perfect by any means, but it's a start.

you have to extract the files from the zip file, and there should be 15 files... as I add things to it it will change, but I'm not that computer smart so it takes me a while to update stuff...

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...
    Lactose intolerance feels very different to me than the resulting cytokine storm from Gluten exposure. If what you feel is like a Gluten exposure, it was likely cross contamination. It takes more than 800F to break down the sequence that triggers...