Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nini

Newbie Survival Kit

I accessed the revised zip file and extracted all of it with no problems to my NTFS hard drive under XP. :)

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Guest nini
I accessed the revised zip file and extracted all of it with no problems to my NTFS hard drive under XP. :)

YAY!!!!

For the 50 things you can eat now... I didn't have any ask-for-password issues. I did, however, have to specify in which format I wanted to open it. Add .doc to the file name and it might be ok.

Nini,

I have a list of companies on the thread I started for the Newly Diagnosed. thanks for doing all this!

If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.

Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)

Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork

Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06

Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05

"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

I found your file, but all I saw was lists of OK foods. Didn't you have more than that when you first posted it here?? I'm sorry....I'm not good at navigating new sites ...this one still has me confused at times!!

Negative biopsy for celiac 1980

Fibromyalgia 1980

IBS 1980

Interstitial Cystitis 1992

Systemic yeast

Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000

Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000

Tachycardia 2001

Asthma 2005

Have had Lyme and babesia for

about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06

Native TEXAN living in Missouri

Guest nini
I found your file, but all I saw was lists of OK foods. Didn't you have more than that when you first posted it here?? I'm sorry....I'm not good at navigating new sites ...this one still has me confused at times!!

along with lists of ok foods there are some restaurant menus, some info about Celiac to pass on to family members and friends from the Celiac Disease Foundation, an article from Time magazing about Celiac, safe school supplies for kids and naturally gluten-free meal suggestions...

it's just a compilation of files I have collected over the past three years and I wish that I had them when I was first dx'ed... It's not perfect by any means, but it's a start.

you have to extract the files from the zip file, and there should be 15 files... as I add things to it it will change, but I'm not that computer smart so it takes me a while to update stuff...