Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adelle

Arg Glutened And Sick!

My husband and I went to the beach overnight to celebrate our anniversary. We celebrate our wedding anniversary (in aug) w friends n fam and our 1st date anniversary just us.

Anyway, we got a room with a kitchenette, which we wil be returning to btw! Took food with us, but also decided to go to this thai food place. The waiter even brought out cans of sauce and stuff for us to examine cause he didn't know what "gluten" is. How sweet!

This morning I woke up horribly ill. Head cold and gluten symptoms. Hubby doesn't have the cold (his healthy immune system and all), but did feel glutened. We blamed the restraunt until we looked at the sausage WE had brought with us!! It was gluten-free 2 weeks ago!!! Arg! It was one of the only "processed" things we bought.

As soon as we found out, we packed up and headed home (luckily only a 2 hour drive). We made it home about noon. And just in time.

I'm so frustrated! I HATE being glutened! It's only happened once or twice b4 (learning curve I guess). But I HATE it.

On the + side we had fun b4 we got sick!

Ack!

Oh and we babysat a few days ago (probably how I got sick) and my neice (who's nearly 4) went grocery shopping w us. She "helped" us read labels, and said "can u have this? Or this? I am allergic like u!" she's not celiac, but it's still cute!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So sorry you got glutened on your anniversary. Hope it clears up quickly.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

My husband and I went to the beach overnight to celebrate our anniversary. We celebrate our wedding anniversary (in aug) w friends n fam and our 1st date anniversary just us.

Anyway, we got a room with a kitchenette, which we wil be returning to btw! Took food with us, but also decided to go to this thai food place. The waiter even brought out cans of sauce and stuff for us to examine cause he didn't know what "gluten" is. How sweet!

This morning I woke up horribly ill. Head cold and gluten symptoms. Hubby doesn't have the cold (his healthy immune system and all), but did feel glutened. We blamed the restraunt until we looked at the sausage WE had brought with us!! It was gluten-free 2 weeks ago!!! Arg! It was one of the only "processed" things we bought.

As soon as we found out, we packed up and headed home (luckily only a 2 hour drive). We made it home about noon. And just in time.

I'm so frustrated! I HATE being glutened! It's only happened once or twice b4 (learning curve I guess). But I HATE it.

On the + side we had fun b4 we got sick!

Ack!

Oh and we babysat a few days ago (probably how I got sick) and my neice (who's nearly 4) went grocery shopping w us. She "helped" us read labels, and said "can u have this? Or this? I am allergic like u!" she's not celiac, but it's still cute!

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! Thursday at work i ate 1/2 of a twizzler (my first dumb mistake after starting this diet 5 months ago) and saturday (last night) i had a halloween party to attend at my husbands boss's house...i was totally mad because i was in the bathroom like 2-3 times and after only an hour decided i should just go home :( . I guess my reaction time is like 1-2 days after being glutened. Oh well, guess we will all get the total hang of this nightmare soon enough.

Gluten Free...negative blood results...absolutely positive diet results.

Dairy Free...absolutely positive diet results.

Egg Free...there goes another one...absolutely positive diet results.

Allergic to Codeine.

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which ones may have gluten in them:)"

I feel ya! I've gotten glutened twice this week from things on gluten free lists: Amy's soup and gummy lifesavers.

Last night I was supposed to go bowling and I was about to leave and I felt that familiar bloating and other feelings. So I called and told my friend I was going to be late, but I still went, because I knew I'd feel bad at home AND I'd feel bad bowling, but D medicine would at least keep me out of the restroom. It's better for me to be distracted. It was fun, but my second game was bad because I was getting drained and fatigued, besides being achy and nauseous.

I get symptoms a few hours after gluten exposure.

I'm glad you got to enjoy your night. Sometimes on special occasions, I try to eat beforehand and just have a drink at a nice establishment.

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish