Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

breann6

Back From Endoscopy-colonoscopy

they took one sample of the small intestine and three in the colon. I am irritated because we discussed taking more for accuracy. ARGH! :angry: i am p/o'd because i went through all that last night and today for what feels like a shot in the dark. Meanwhile- my supposedly negative blood tests from last week were actually "weak" positives. I had been off gluten for nearly a week when doing the repeat at the GI's. they were lower than the two weeks previously which furthers me to believe it IS celiac. -remove gluten; numbers go down- makes sense to me. I am so annoyed that my GI doesn't want to validate a "weak" postive but yet keep looking at other options -per his words- which i interpret as keep funneling the money i don't have. :angry:

i've had it with him.

I am doing Enterolab, hopefully this week. Any one here with BCBS (im in GA) Do they/Will they reimburse for Enterolab testing?

Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know about the insurance. That stinks about him only taking one biopsy! With a weak positive, you could just try the diet and see how it goes. Dietary response is a valid diagnostic tool.

As you can see, I used Enterolab, but my doc only tested IgA and I was gluten-free ... I wanted more validation since I didn't have positive blood work.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I don't know about the insurance. That stinks about him only taking one biopsy! With a weak positive, you could just try the diet and see how it goes. Dietary response is a valid diagnostic tool.

As you can see, I used Enterolab, but my doc only tested IgA and I was gluten-free ... I wanted more validation since I didn't have positive blood work.

Hi!

I, too, had a "weak" positive after 2 and 1 half MONTHS gluten-free. (tTg= 28, normal is 0 to 19) Endoscopy inconclusive so Gastro dismissed me and I was on my way. Eeeekkkk!!! Went through Enterolab and was positive for gluten-reactivity (after 4 months supposedly gluten-free-missed some) and 2 genes for gluten intolerance. Positive dietary response. I'm sorry you have had this frustrating experience and I do not know about your insurance. Anthem Blue Cross covered Enterolab on my Maine group policy. (through High school) Maybe you could call and ask? I am going to see my regular doc re: other possiblities that may cause elevated tTg, but I KNOW I can't have gluten! Good luck to you.

lisa

I have BCBS PPO in GA and when I called they said they would cover the enterolab testing, however, after I got the :angry: test and sent in the claim (with the Enterolab codes), they denied it all. I didn't push it b/c I only did the genetic tests (for my daughter - I already had positive biopsy and blood tests on myself). So, even if they tell you it will be covered, I think you'll have to do a lot of pushing to actually get paid.