Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I was wondering if anyone has tried a product called Gluten Ease.

I know it sounds too good to be true, but I saw it in my health food store and didnt know if it was worth trying. I am usually okay restricting my diet, but there are some foods that I really miss at times!!!

Thanks for any input.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

From what I understand... it "could" alleviate your obvious external symptoms....but it would STILL damage your insides. Not worth it, imho.

Jayhawkmom -

Mom of three....

Jay - 11

Bean - 8

Ian - 3

You can not use this is you have celiac!

Just to avoid any confusion, the product itself is gluten-free. Should you use it? Not in the way the original poster was inquiring. What it might help with are accidental glutenings.

I have been taking these for the past month or so, anytime I'm going out to eat at a restaurant, or at some function where there could potentially be cross-contamination. I do feel that it helped at least in one particular case-my "glutening" episodes usually last for hours, and my last one passed within 1/2-1 hour.

However, the other day, I had some kind of episode (glutening? stomach virus? who knows!) and the Gluten Ease did not help one bit. Of course, like I said, I'm not sure it was a glutening.

There's no way to know for sure if it helps minimize internal damage from the glutening. You could do periodic lab tests while taking Gluten Ease regularly I suppose, but so many other factors could be involved.

FWIW, I don't feel that the company itself is necessarily trying to sell Gluten Ease as a "cure-all" for Celiacs. I have found some 3rd party retailers that seem to be slanting it towards that angle though, unfortunately.

Also, I believe there is another Gluten Ease discussion thread out there where a gentleman actually "tested" the product by taking a couple of capsules and then eating a sandwich with "regular" gluten containing bread. The results weren't so great. :(

Joy- Midtown Atlanta

Positive Fecal Test Results 6/05

Gluten, Lactose, Casein Intolerant

Severe Fat Malabsorption

Gluten-Free since 6/05

I would not use the product to go out and eat gluten but I have them to help with accidental glutenings.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

so are these something you take every day or after you feel you have been glutened??

I only take it when I go out to eat. For example, before the server brings my food I take 2 capsules ( I am extremely sensitive so I take 2). Only take it if you are eating gluten or if you think you might be glutened on accident.

Maggie

--Diabetes for 12 years

--Celiac for 3 years

--Hypothryodism for 2 years

--Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome for 4 months