This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Cupcake Recipes

vampella

mamaw Community Regular

Jenna's Auntie

Thanks for the Clan Thompson twinkie recipe from Connie Sarros.I think I will try it too & see which is better..If I get to actually tast them this time around!!!!!

mamaw

• 3 years later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

boomobile Newbie

I have only been doing this gluten-free baking for a month now and the first 2 times I made cupcakes they were good, they were moist and yummy...maybe because one was banana and one was strawberry. this weekend I made mint chocolate chip ones..GARBAGE IMO. they were dry and hard and nasty. Emmah was not impressed :wacko:

Does anyone have any cupcake/ muffin recipes they wouldn't mind sharing with me?

Thanks

Char

I know this is an old thread, but check out babycakes nyc. they have a vegan, gluten-free cookbook. I've been testing the recipes they have, and found that so far they rock!

mommida Enthusiast

LOL! Pick me up on the way!! :D

I've been wanting that pan too, but still haven't found a cake recipe to work for our extensive list :(

The Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting recipe from

The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook by Cybele Pascal

Start with her gluten free flour recipe.

4 cups superfine brown rice flour

1 1/3 cups potato starch (not potato flour)

2/3 cup tapioca flour (also called tapioca starch)

Now for the cupcakes....

2 cups gluten free flour mixture

1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

1 teaspoondouble-acting baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup rice milk

1 teaspoon cider vinegar

1/2 cup dairy-free, soy-free vegetable shortening

1 cup granulated sugar

1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer mixed with 1/4 cup rice milk

1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350*F. Prepare muffin tin with cupcake holders.

Whisk together the flour the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Combine the rice milk and cider vinegar. Set aside (to thicken).

Use paddle attachment in the mixer. Mix the shortening, sugar, egg replacer w. rice milk, and vanilla until it is light and fluffy. At least 2 minutes. Sift in flour mixture. Mix. Add milk mixture alternating between the 2.

Fill the cupcake liners 3/4s full with the batter.

Bake in the center of the oven for about 22 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.

The cakes will be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake will come out clean.

Vanilla frosting

1 cup dairy-free, soy-free vegatable shortening

pinch of salt

3 cups powdered sugar

1/4 cup rice milk

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Cream the sugar and salt on medium for at least 1 minute.

Add the sugar, rice milk, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes.

As with all gluten free baking... remember to "spoon lift" measure your flours and keep mixing the batter until you can see beater "grooves" in the batter.

These are kind of like Twinkies, but BETTER! I just love this cookbook! If anyone has to avoid gluten and all top 8 allergens, it is the BEST!

Archived