Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PeaceAngel22

Week Two

Hey Glute free peeps, I am on week two of being gluten free. You all have been so helpful. I have modified my diet after a couple of set backs. Along with all wheat and gluten, I have now eliminated pop corn, potato chips,onions, garlic, nuts, and soda pop. I am finally starting to feel human again. Thanks old timers for helping us newbies adjust into our new way of living.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey Glute free peeps, I am on week two of being gluten free. You all have been so helpful. I have modified my diet after a couple of set backs. Along with all wheat and gluten, I have now eliminated pop corn, potato chips,onions, garlic, nuts, and soda pop. I am finally starting to feel human again. Thanks old timers for helping us newbies adjust into our new way of living.

Welcome and good luck to you! Sounds like you're doing well. Don't be discouraged if you have some set-backs- it seems to go with the territory!

Take care.

lisa

Good for you! Hey, so some of those additional foods you've elimated, you might be able to try again after your GI tract settles down and heals the damage done during your glutenous years. When I went gluten free, some things felt better right away, but lots of my symptoms persisted for months--I think it takes a long time for a stressed bowel to heal. So, expect that it will take a while to feel all the way better. I initially cut out dairy, caffeine, alcohol and chocolate (because these all irritate the bowel in general), but after about 5 mos. of gluten free diet, my gut had recovered to where I tolerate all of them now.

Here's to your continued gluten-free success!

Diagnosed in March 2006 by blood test and biopsy. Eleven year old son diagnosed in May 2006. Both gluten-free since diagnosis.

The Susanna (Flagstaff, AZ)

"I GOTTA have more cowbell!."

--The legendary Bruce Dickenson