Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trober

What Is Dd/dh/dx?ugh?

My 4 year old daughter was diagnosed this last summer with celiac and I LOVE this message board.

BUT I am sooooooo confused on the abbreviations for everything- is there a legend somewhere that I am missing???

I am a teacher too and have abbreviations for everything but I can't figure these out??? I feel so ignorant!

Diagnosed daughter (DD)??? Diagnosed son(DS)?? DX???(diagnosed ex-husband???)

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

DX???(diagnosed ex-husband???)

LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!

ds is--dear son

dd is--dear daughter

dh is--dear husband

DH is--dermatitis herpetiformis

LOL is laughing out loud

there are a lot of these that people use. sometimes you can guess them by thinking of the most obvious words that would go with whatever is being talked about and see if they match the letters.

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

dx is diagnose(d).

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Here's a link defining some of the forum abbreviations. Of course each topic-specific forum will also have it's own abbreviations like CF for casein free, etc. If you see an abbreviation that's not on the list, feel free to ask! :D

My 4 year old daughter was diagnosed this last summer with celiac and I LOVE this message board.

BUT I am sooooooo confused on the abbreviations for everything- is there a legend somewhere that I am missing???

I am a teacher too and have abbreviations for everything but I can't figure these out??? I feel so ignorant!

Diagnosed daughter (DD)??? Diagnosed son(DS)?? DX???(diagnosed ex-husband???)

Thanks

That is very funny, I have been on this forum for about a year and have spent the whole time trying to figure it out too. I assumed dh was diagnosed husband until one person said their dh was not diagnosed and not fully supportive of the diet. Then I was confused. I actually just asked the same question last week. Welcome to the forum.

Nicole

dx and rx are common medical abbrev's - diagnosis and prescription.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA