Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony'sMom

Please Refresh My Memory.

Hi everyone.

I think my little one may be showing signs of celiac but I can't remember how it presents in infants. My older son was diagnosed at age 3 so his symptoms were easier for me to recognize.

Some history- my 1 1/2 yr old was diagnosed with diabetes after his 1st birthday. He had the stomach flu a month ago and since then has been miserable. He's had chronic diarrhea, nasty diaper rash, irritability, and is very slow to gain weight. Plus he just looks pale and "off". He has an appointment to see the pediatric GI after the holidays but I wanted to stop by and see what you guys thought.

I'm afraid that I might be reading too much into things but at the same time I don't want to miss anything.

Thanks!

Amy

Tony age 6

diagnosed with diabetes at age 1

diagnosed with celiac at age 3

positive blood work

inconclusive biopsy

positive genetic markers

*Special Needs Mom*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That sounds like celiac to me. just know that each person's symptoms vary from preson to person so you can't base his symptoms off his brother's but to me (i was diagnosed when i was 20 months) it sounds like he is a celiac.

Molly

did i understand you right----both of your boys were diagnosed with diabetes at only a year old and the older has celiac? no wonder you are worried about the baby having celiac!!

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

:blink: My baby had ROTO VIRUS and never was the same after. He would vomit for a few hours after he was given ( baby cereal) then it progressed to vomiting after cheerios and other things with wheat.

Mine vomits after gluten. But had no other symptoms... because I was not giving him wheat. ( I researched the heck out of celiac disease.... then totally stopped wheat. ... But if your dealing with diabetes ... wouldn't stopping wheat help your sugar levels reduce?

I think that celiac has presented its self differnetly in all of our kids. so ... your answers are gonna be differnt.

did i understand you right----both of your boys were diagnosed with diabetes at only a year old and the older has celiac? no wonder you are worried about the baby having celiac!!

Yep- both boys were diagnosed at age 1yr. Our endo was pretty surprised to see us in the E.R. The baby is so much like his brother that they may as well be clones. They look the same, have the same medical issues, and even have the same goofy personality :)

Amy

Tony age 6

diagnosed with diabetes at age 1

diagnosed with celiac at age 3

positive blood work

inconclusive biopsy

positive genetic markers

*Special Needs Mom*