Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bookbabie

My First Donut In More Than Five Years!

I went to a new grocery store in my area because I heard they carried baked goods by Celiac Specialties. I bought their donuts doubting they'd actually be any good. It was so weird biting into one and tasting that long gone, but not forgotten donut taste. They are really good, but almost too rich for me now after going without them for so long. I used to really miss pizza too when I went gluten-free, but now if I ate a piece I think all I'd taste is the gooey (gluey) dough and the grease. It's great that the food industry is getting so good at making us treats, on the other hand I'm afraid my waistline may start expanding in leaps and bounds if I discover too many yummy gluten-free carbs!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wow Donuts! I would love to have one again. (even thougth I know I don't need them....)

"The only thing constant in life is change"

Celiac not confirmed, but positive results with diet change

Gluten free since 10/06

The brand name would be awesome. I love donuts and have tried making my own and even tried kinniniki but they just dont do the trick.

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

On Halloween last year we strung Kinninick cinnamon donuts (gluten-free of course) from our celing fan and had a "biting for donuts" (versus boobing for apples) challenge. It was a) FUNNY! B) YUMMY!

The Kinninick donuts are GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Congrats on the donut eating....i went 2yrs without pizza....my local health food store carries frozen pizza crusts...so i just had to indulge..there about a 9' crust and they come in 2's.....there gluten-free,no milk,and no eggs the brand name is El Peto they were great!!!.....it was really good to finaly find a "treat"....very filing i must add....i could only eat a half of one......

I had some Kinnickkinick donuts recently. The first in a long time. I have never had a donut feel the way it felt in my body as long as I can remember. I still can't get over it. I don't know if it's just the gluten or something else as well. For some reason the difference is even more noticable than with things like bread. I know I've had problems with gluten for 8 years but who knows maybe it's been longer. It makes me wonder. They were a little too sweet but there was some other ingredient in the frosting that was creamy and good! I'm not complaining!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies